Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unmarked 2nd model no scabbard

Article about: saw this at military/gun show. looked good to me and got for good price since no scabbard and no makers mark on blade. does it look legit and any ideas on who made it? I probably will go cra

Default unmarked 2nd model no scabbard

saw this at military/gun show. looked good to me and got for good price since no scabbard and no makers mark on blade. does it look legit and any ideas on who made it? I probably will go crazy searching for a scabbard but it has nice look to it and handle in good shape. Thanks for comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unmarked 2nd model no scabbard   unmarked 2nd model no scabbard  

unmarked 2nd model no scabbard   unmarked 2nd model no scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unmarked 2nd model no scabbard
    P
    Many

Hi Joseph Im leaning the the dagger being a Holler or WKC ..... this is what the oakleaves on top of the crossguards and eagle point to. Wait for more comments Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I was told by seller that he used the scabbard from this dagger on a different luft dagger in his collection. he also commented that not all luftwaffe scabbards fit all luftwaffe daggers. Have collectors on here found this to be true? It would make it more difficult for me to find one. Thanks Joe

?

Nice one. I have one exactly like it and I mean exactly as in I am also missing a scabbard for it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by josephc View Post
    I was told by seller that he used the scabbard from this dagger on a different luft dagger in his collection. he also commented that not all luftwaffe scabbards fit all luftwaffe daggers. Have collectors on here found this to be true? It would make it more difficult for me to find one. Thanks Joe
    Hi Joseph....your friend is correct as some of these scabbards have 1 retaining screw on the upper reverse of the scabbard as others have 2 screws on each side of the upper part of the scabbard. Inside are runners that keep the dagger in place..which is what the screws are for..to hold in place the runners. Each runner has its own tension from that producer..so you might come across..one that may be a tight fit..and others very loose. Close study on these threads here.. and a chat with the Luft guys here will be able to tell you what scabbard you may need..and also identifying the scabbard bands by the producer. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Got a scabbard for my Luft dagger

I was able to find a scabbard for my Luftwaffe dagger. Using the forum members observation on possible maker being Holler or WKC I checked for examples on line and a seller on ebay said their scabbard came from a WKC solingen dagger. It has the single securing screw rather than the two. Its condition is not mint with come discoloration. I took a chance and the dagger appears to fit nicely. A fellow collector has a hanger set he may offer for sale to me to complete the set. I personally would rather have an original complete set but doing it this way as opportunity allowed saved me some money.
    Joe C
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unmarked 2nd model no scabbard   unmarked 2nd model no scabbard  

Nice to see this as a complete set. It often takes
    years, or is next to impossible finding a
    correct scabbard.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

There are only 6 makers of Lufts that made their own parts: SMF, WKC, Eickhorn, Pack, Alcoso and Klaas
    The rest used generic parts, so with an unmarked standard blade a generic scabbard will do, on the later 2nd pattern Luft like this one the standarisation was pretty well over the entire Luft line using generic parts that fitted.

Looking at the early Heer daggers, now thats a complete other ball game.
    The blades differ in thickness and the throat were handmade to fit the size of the blade.
    I have had daggers that could not swap scabbrs even if you would like, they didnt fit the throat, and in some cases needing at least 2 mm more opening.
    Even Daggers from the same batch, same period, same hardware with exactly the same appearance ( Eickhorn Slants for example) could not Always fit the other scabbard.

Ger

BTW nice that you completed your dagger, it looks good!

I think you did well on the scabbard match up here. The scabbard you have works well in a Generic or unmarked application as alot of Gen scabbards have this flush single screw, of coarse the maker realy known for this screw type is Holler. Not many hints as to the maker on your dagger as it is very Gen, only hint that popped out at me is the aluminum twisted grip wire.. very Klaas. Kevin.

Default completed set with hanger

I got a hanger set for my luftwaffe dagger. set in very good condition. large clip is marked on back UE 10 DRGM. and the two smaller clips are marked DRGM. there is some pitting on backs. cloth and felt nice shape. does it look right and is it a match for the dagger? thanks. joe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast