Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model

Article about: Hi Ger, I already saw daggers with flaws in swastika, which were very similar to this one and they were used during the period. Both parts are W.K.C., scabbard generic, all with same factory

Default t

Hi Ger, I already saw daggers with flaws in swastika, which were very similar to this one and they were used during the period. Both parts are W.K.C., scabbard generic, all with same factory applications to its parts.

Here is photos of REPRODUCTION dagger,
    Don´t look at the scabbard, but focus on pommel and corssguard - one of the best reproduction I ever seen, including very nice unmarked blade! That is why I kept this dagger in collection in the past Pommel and crosguard wasn´t made from aluminum, but different material. Overall quality of dagger was extremely good.

If I compare them to Anzel dagger parts, maybe we have to worry, but In my opinion, if they are made from aluminum, they are authentic and belongs to this dagger. I still think that dagger is authentic and all parts on this dagger are original and belongs together.

Maybe I ´m wrong, but if I have a chance to purchase this dagger for reasonable price, I certainly purchase it and add into my collection.

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model   Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model  

Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model   Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model  

Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model   Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model  

Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model
    P
    Many

?

Like i said Peter, its just my 2 cents

ive seen a lot of LW 2nd pattern that have little flaws or cast errors in the Swastika erea, partically in the legs sections.
    But this one has a torn up swastika, its a leg totally ripped off the swastika, thats my concern.

Ist almost blasphemy of the TR Swastika.
    my advise: I would search a bit futher, if you realy want one.......i know Danny has a nice LW 2nd pattern of a rare small maker for sale: its a Fridericus

Regards,
    Ger

What other Luft crossguards can Anzels example be compared to?.........IMO The crossguard is a casting flaw and possibly either used towards the end of the war..or parted together after the war. The Ferulle ring has me concerned also being shiny like new. This leaves me to think an Authentic but parted dagger.

Looking through Peters Luftwaffe collection thread I saw quite a few varied types of Eagle style..notably in the eyes feathering and mainly the neck!!..Some had a straight neck others had a droopy neck dipping downward. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

We can compare crossguard to this:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model   Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model  

Last edited by Larry C; 09-18-2013 at 02:14 AM.

This is good Peter...but who is the producer or producers....sorry I should of been more specific
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,
    producer of pommel and crossguard is W.K.C., like Anzel´s dagger. On two links which I attached is dagger made by AWS. but this producer also purchase parts from W.K.C. So both daggers has same fittings and we can compare them.

Regards
    Peter

?

Peter, I'm intrigued by the crossguard of your reproduction dagger. Can you post some close-ups of the eagle and the top of the crossguard? From a distance it looks like an original.

Danny

I'd have to agree with Gerrit. It's highly unlikely this crossguard would have ever passed quality control with any dagger manufacturer of the period. And another consideration. What Luftwaffe officer, and or NCO would have ever accepted something such as this for wear? Not saying it couldn't have happened, but I too, think it's more likely a leftover flawed piece that was used to put together a "parts" dagger for GIs after the war. There's also the possibility that it could have been damaged somehow, sometime, as well. Unless it's a steal, I would wait for a nicer example. Plenty of them out there. Just my opinion, of course. Take it for what it's worth.
    Mark

Hi,
    Danny, sorry but I don´t have better photos of this dagger because I have to sell it (for reproduction price). Crossguard and pommel looks like authentic and they are made almost perfect, but not perfect enough. It is shame that I don´t have better photos In this time I took photo of each dagger which I have.

Anzel,
    There are some collectors which think that this dagger is not authentic, I still think this dagger is OK. So please try to ask for help Mr. Wittmann, when I need help from him he helps me with each problem. So, maybe I ´m not right - we are all still learning in this hobby, so wait what Mr. Wittmann´s opinion. If you see, when I answer to somebody I still write "in my opinion" so there can be still chance that I can be wrong.

Regards Peter

For what it's worth, my opinion is that this is one of the many post-war assembled daggers for GI souvenirs. The flawed swastika looks like parts taken from a rejected parts bin and put together regardless. It would not be in my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast