Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think of the maker mark?

Article about: Any comments on this maker mark on a first model luft dagger??????/ dave h

Default What do you think of the maker mark?

Any comments on this maker mark on a first model luft dagger??????/ dave h
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think of the maker mark?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think of the maker mark?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do you think of the maker mark?

It looks very crude, unless, my eyes are decieving me.

Hi Dave, this maker is known for doing a very lightly etched trademark. I don't see a problem with it.

Cheers, Ade.

The photos seem to indicate that the lines are wavey like a electropencil. Is that a possibility?

Smile Re: What do you think of the maker mark?

The reason for this post was to see the reaction to this logo.In May of 1997 i purchased this1st model luft dagger,i met the person at night and of course it had to be raining so i checked the dagger with just the overhead light in the car. when i got home and saw the logo i said to myself,what a dog,someone did a lousy job with an
    electric pencil or what ever and ruined a great dagger, needless to say i was pixxed. Iin early June 1997 i received my copy of Wittmann's luft book,and low and behold i found the lousy etched logo on page 74...i called Tom Wittmann the next day and thanked him for getting me out of a bad mood that i was in for a few weeks.
    Have you got a story you could tell? DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think of the maker mark?   What do you think of the maker mark?  

What do you think of the maker mark?   What do you think of the maker mark?  

What do you think of the maker mark?  

Interesting story. It shows us that not all German markings are "perfect" looking. Sometimes those dogs we find turn out to be pure-breds.

Quote by tampalam View Post
    Interesting story. It shows us that not all German markings are "perfect" looking. Sometimes those dogs we find turn out to be pure-breds.
    Very true. I have an RZM SA dagger by M7/73. I have shown it on the forum. They also did lousy etch work! Tom W mentions them in the extract from the book shown by Dave.

Hi Dave, thanks for posting this thread. It is a good illustration that a collector can easily dismiss a good item if the research has not been done. I think we are all hooked up on the "German quality" aspect and fear of fakes.

Cheers, Ade.