MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.

Article about: Hi, This is my WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern seems to be all WKC parts and I believe the crossguard to be a generic type used/manufactured by WKC all others I have seen with this type crossguard

Default WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.

Hi, This is my WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern seems to be all WKC parts and I believe the crossguard to be a generic type used/manufactured by WKC all others I have seen with this type crossguard seem to have this thin double twist grip wire. There is a good amount of crossgrain to the blade but can't get a good photo of it today will try later. The photos with the lighter background are from the dealer when I bought it the rest are mine. Comments welcome.
    Thanks, Andy.
    WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.   WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.  

WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.   WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Luftwaffe 2nd pattern.
    P
    Many

?

I have seen this type of gripwire on a WKC before. The crossguard is one of two types that was used by WKC. Nice to see the single sidescrew on the scabbard that is also typical for WKC. To me the dagger is 100% correct. I'm not sure if the portepee is original. It looks like a post war piece.

Regards
    Danny

Hi Danny, Thanks for your post, I bought the portepee separately at a collectors fair and added it myself but I think you may well be correct about it being post war the weave on the stem got me wondering and now your observation has made me doubt it even more so I will replace it with a good one eventually but for now it will stay on for display, I really like the dagger itself though and I think the WKC products are excellent quality. Regards, Andy.
    Quote by dr73 View Post
    I have seen this type of gripwire on a WKC before. The crossguard is one of two types that was used by WKC. Nice to see the single sidescrew on the scabbard that is also typical for WKC. To me the dagger is 100% correct. I'm not sure if the portepee is original. It looks like a post war piece.

Regards
    Danny

Nice WKC .... my favourite

?

Well Andy looking at the replies Danny is spot on!
    Good looking WKC Luft 2 ( although i'm still firm in my opinion that most of the luft 2 Crossguard designs look like sick chickens )

Portepee is post war, you should buy a proper one, this one doesnt do the dagger justice….

Best
    Ger

Hi,
    That portepee is now off the dagger and in the repro cabinet where it will stay as a reference, I will eventually put a good period one on this dagger and also find a nice set of hangers for it too. Thanks to everyone who posted for the nice comments. Cheers, Andy.
    Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well Andy looking at the replies Danny is spot on!
    Good looking WKC Luft 2 ( although i'm still firm in my opinion that most of the luft 2 Crossguard designs look like sick chickens )

Portepee is post war, you should buy a proper one, this one doesnt do the dagger justice….

Best
    Ger