Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1912 Erfurt Luger

Article about: Enjoy this 1912 Erfurt Luger and Accessories..BILL

Default 1912 Erfurt Luger

Enjoy this 1912 Erfurt Luger and Accessories..BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1912 Erfurt Luger   1912 Erfurt Luger  

1912 Erfurt Luger   1912 Erfurt Luger  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: 1912 Erfurt Luger

Bill nice pistol. Is the bottom of the mag wood or bakelite?

Quote by History View Post
    Bill nice pistol. Is the bottom of the mag wood or bakelite?
    WW1 Luger magazines had wooden bottems...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

phillyriverrat57
    ?

Bill i have a 1916 erfurt, mine was actually given to me by a WW2 vet i know. he was in the atlantic on subs during the war,and being a non smoker abord a sub, he use to retain all the smokes the goverment provided and trade them when in port for german military items( god knows where a WW1 luger came from in ww2 without german natzi markings). anyway i was given the gun on july 4th, it was sealed in a cigar box and taped up, he told me to not open it till i got home, i percisted , and all he would say is i would enjoy restoring it as i restore steam engines for the seaport museum here in philly. when i got home, inside was a erfurt lugar with all it's blueing gone. it has some pitting on it in various places, but the gun is all marching throughout( every damn part on it). the luger is also full of maching marks and loaded with inspectors marks including RC marks so it was reconditioned by the facorty sometime. the bore is nice and it will make a fine shooter.
    Looking at your pics, i noticed your gun appears to me free of missing machine marks from the factry, was yours reblued somewhere alone the line? i would post some pics of my luger, just can't figure out how to do it as it askes for a www sight to download them from????
    i rebluded mine useing a rust blueing from brownells, all parts were polished on my drill press with a soft wire wheel. blueing it involved coating the parts and then Boiling them in water for 20 minutes rusting them. afterwards they were gone over with a carding brush, and redone again. After 3 times i got a nice deep blue on it. i will straw the other parts this winter useing the griddle on my vermont castings wood stove. just sit them on top of the griddle and watch them turn colors as the stove runs at 550 to 600*. griddle is straw colored anyway from the heat.

Tiago
    ?

Smile Re: 1912 Erfurt Luger

Hi, im from Brazil and don't talk ingles very well, but, i have a question.
    I have a pistol ERFURT 1912 and need some "parts", you know where i can find?
    Thanks for help.

Bill, an outstanding example, i am extremely jealous.....the holster is an interesting one, in that it is maker marked twice...'M ZOTZ' i am unaware of, however the second mark 'AWM' ( AWM Sattlergnossenschaft)of Munich is a known manufacturer, (They also made holsters for the Reich Revolver, artillery, navy, and standard 08's) it is believed working in the 1900-18 period and possibly much earlier, and that this maker failed to survive in the early years of the Weimar Republic.

Quote by Tiago View Post
    Hi, im from Brazil and don't talk ingles very well, but, i have a question.
    I have a pistol ERFURT 1912 and need some "parts", you know where i can find?
    Thanks for help.
    Check your PM box...BILL

Great Imperial P08 BIll. Here's another...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1912 Erfurt Luger   1912 Erfurt Luger