Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1914 DWM With 2 Matching Magazines

Article about: by Rylan Looks like a nice Luger rig you have there... but don't you think such a great rig deserves better photos?? First picture is OK, but the one of the magazine bases is junk.. I can't

?

Quote by Rylan View Post
    Looks like a nice Luger rig you have there... but don't you think such a great rig deserves better photos?? First picture is OK, but the one of the magazine bases is junk.. I can't tell if your mags match or not!!
    Unfortunately I do not have a digital camera that takes decent macro pictures. I guess you will just have to believe my post, or not. I'll try to take better photos of the mags but I tried many times to get decent close ups. The one I posted was the best of over a dozen tries.

?

Sweet!

Using a tripod works well when taking macro pictures.
    Regards,
    John

?

That's too bad, might be time to upgrade the camera, that sounds like a pain to deal with.

Looks like a great rig from the first photo though, congrats on your find.

Any chance of getting better photos of those mags.

?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Any chance of getting better photos of those mags.
    I have a Nikon D 90 as my main camera but my first priority was getting a long lens 28-300 for it. My mistake was not getting a long lens with Macro. I'll try to get better pictures of the magazines with the camera I have that has Macro on it. I don't think I'll be getting a new digital camera as the D90 was super expensive as is a Nikon Macro lens. So it's back to my old camera with macro.

Quote by samnev View Post
    I have a Nikon D 90 as my main camera but my first priority was getting a long lens 28-300 for it. My mistake was not getting a long lens with Macro. I'll try to get better pictures of the magazines with the camera I have that has Macro on it. I don't think I'll be getting a new digital camera as the D90 was super expensive as is a Nikon Macro lens. So it's back to my old camera with macro.

You don't really need a macro lens. Just move back and take the photo and then crop it so it shows the magazine ends.

Great looking Luger you have there.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by samnev View Post
    Here I edited a photo I had real quick to show you what I'm talking about. Simply move back far enough for the lens to focus. All lenses that I have ever seen have a focal distance point. If it has zoom you can move back the distance required and even zoom in. Then take a photo larger than needed, select the area you want to preserve and crop it out. I pasted a cropped area into a photo so you can see where I cut it out at.

Max
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1914 DWM With 2 Matching Magazines  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2