Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1917 Artillery Luger

Article about: I have just been lucky enough to get myself an Artillery Luger. It was used here on the Island of Jersey during the German Occupation. The Officer that owned it gave it to a local chap as he

Default 1917 Artillery Luger

I have just been lucky enough to get myself an Artillery Luger. It was used here on the Island of Jersey during the German Occupation. The Officer that owned it gave it to a local chap as he was leaving the Island for a POW Camp in the UK. He said that he wanted the man to have the gun as his Father had carried it throughout WW.1 and he had in WW.2 and he did not want the gun to be thrown away. The new owner passed it onto his Grandson and I acquired it from him. It has a little bit of holster wear but for 1917 its in really nice condition. Hopefully I will have some free time tomorrow and the weather will be ok and I can put a few rounds through it on the range. If anyone has a spare original stock board with the leather fitting or a cleaning rod please let me know as I would like to complete it.
    Hope you like the pictures.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1917 Artillery Luger   1917 Artillery Luger  

1917 Artillery Luger   1917 Artillery Luger  

Superb!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is in perfect condition for it's age! If i were you i wouldn't fire it as i don't want it to be damaged or more 'used' than already is!
    The leather is in an astonishing condition!!!

great looking Luger. thanks for sharing it with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Wow!...

MAP
    ?

I want one!!! That is really really sweet!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

D, that is a cracking piece mate, really really nice Is the mag matching as well?
    Ben

?

Awesome! ........on my wish list for quite a while.

That's a cracker!

Jonathan.

Hi Ben,
    Unfortunately the mags not matching. I am going to try and get a good original stock board for it but for the moment could really do with a really nice original cleaning rod. If anyone has one sitting on a shelf they do not need please let me know.
    D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast