Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1917 Artillery Luger & Rig

Article about: Added bonus, the stock has the same serial number as the gun itself - - Updated - - Well chaps thats it for now until the main prize arrives

Its got a bit of pitting John but in my eyes not much, I love the whole thing to be honest, first luger I have ever owned
    Ben

Ben:

You will get the bug and want to own more of these fine firearms ( Lugers). I have a feeling this will not be your last luger you will own.
    Have a great day.
    Cheers,
    John

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Its got a bit of pitting John but in my eyes not much, I love the whole thing to be honest, first luger I have ever owned
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Lol its going through my mind actually John, they are very nice could cost me a divorce but hey ho
    Ben

Ben, That is one Hell of an Artillery Luger Rig! The original wood knob cleaning rod, take down too,matching numbers Shoulder stock, holster-the whole 9 yards! Do you intend to stitch down the holster loop?(I would, personally...it would remove the danger of it someday coming completely off). In any case, that is a Beauty of a pick up! Hope it didn't cost you an arm and a leg(if we see you limping, we'll know)!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very nice indeed. And I know how much he paid for it!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

what a great find Ben.

I must admit I have pondered with the idea of finding some three ply thread and try and hand stitch it nice and tight for the sake of preservation and so it does not get any worse.
    Ben

Quote by big ned View Post
    Prepare for multiple postings of extended pontificating,moaning and shouting bewailing the fact that it has to be deactivated to comply with U.K. law....
    but not here! A friend of mine just bought a Luger all matching numbers and KM stamped, for a lot less than what you would pay on the mainland, and it shoots
    I've just bought myself a Browning Hi-Power 9mm, plus............a No4T!!

nice rig Ben, but it does break my heart to see the soul ripped out of it

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    As already stated Doug, permanent I'm afraid
    Bummer. I guess I understand the logic behind it, but as Todd stated, criminals will find there way around the law one way or another. Anyways, beautiful gun! Congrats again, im green with envy as ive wanted a luger for a while now!

Very nice Artillery Luger WW1 holster and shoulder stock hard to come by outfit these days I haven't seen a good one in a good 15 years I don't know why but most of them I have seen have the 1917 date on them that seems to be the prominet date to them and the pistol. I like the cleaning rod and loading take down tool those are difficult to find also. Nice find Ben timothy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3