Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1917 Artillery Luger & Rig

Article about: Added bonus, the stock has the same serial number as the gun itself - - Updated - - Well chaps thats it for now until the main prize arrives

Default 1917 Artillery Luger & Rig

Hi chaps, I have been extremely naughty, I have been saving for SS Officer brocades but this was offered to me and I was so smitten I had to buy it. Initially the gun is being deactivated, in essence it was a live gun. It was this chaps grandfather who bought it back from the war and removed the trigger, side plate and locking lever and thought that was deactivated! I told him the real issues so it is being deactivated (shame!) So it is all matching other than the side plate and locking lever which I have yet to source (not a problem I have found replacements already) See that the gun is still away at the moment we will looks the holster and stock etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1917 Artillery Luger &  Rig   1917 Artillery Luger &  Rig  

Ben

The holster itself is not marked but under the lid there is a ink stamp which I cannot really make out, would this have been the unit mark? It also has its luger tool still in there and the barrel cleaning rod. Within that slot there was still a bit of cleaning cloth that the maybe the last owner had used. Any info guys on any of this would be appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1917 Artillery Luger &  Rig   1917 Artillery Luger &  Rig  

1917 Artillery Luger &  Rig   1917 Artillery Luger &  Rig  

Ben

Prepare for multiple postings of extended pontificating,moaning and shouting bewailing the fact that it has to be deactivated to comply with U.K. law....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

If you look the loop on the holster is loose on one side but that is it More holster pics

Ben

Ok, Ned made me feel like an a$$. Out of respect for Ben, I will delete my comment. I suppose the bitching about UK deact laws does get old every time.

My apologies Ben.

More

Ben

Quote by big ned View Post
    Prepare for multiple postings of extended pontificating,moaning and shouting bewailing the fact that it has to be deactivated to comply with U.K. law....
    Damn straight Ned! It's our civic duty to bitch about it every time, lol

On the stock there are several markings, some I cannot make out but on one of them it reads Maury & Co, Offenbach Main

1917 Artillery Luger &  Rig  
    Ben

Good holster rig-will be interested to see the pistol-I bought one earlier this year (seen amongst a group photo in an earlier post of mine a couple of months back)-I have the actual holster but not the wooden stock as currently these cannot be imported into the country as fitting it turns the pistol into a light semi auto carbine (which, it has to be said, is the intention of the original designers)-we are able to have the weapon as 'live' though...

More stock

1917 Artillery Luger &  Rig  
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast