Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1918 Luger

Article about: Well guys, I got a nice 1918 Luger to go with the holster. With the luger itself I know a bit of the history. It has been with the previous owner since 1974, in the condition that it is now.

Default 1918 Luger

Well guys, I got a nice 1918 Luger to go with the holster. With the luger itself I know a bit of the history. It has been with the previous owner since 1974, in the condition that it is now. Before that it belongs to a Captain in the Light Infantry who's father was a Officer in the military police who confiscated the gun from squaddies in a convoy coming back from the war. He thinks the gun has been professionally restored Pre war but if it has it does not bother me, I love the piece. the gun has matching numbers including the magazine. Included with the gun was a very nice letter from the previous owner who had at one time 15 live firing lugers along with the last target he shot at before he was forced to have it either chopped up to pieces by the police of deactivated. Anyway guys, I love it, any comments welcome

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1918 Luger   1918 Luger  

1918 Luger   1918 Luger  

1918 Luger  
    Ben

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1918 Luger   1918 Luger  

1918 Luger   1918 Luger  

1918 Luger  
    Ben

1918 Luger   1918 Luger  

1918 Luger   1918 Luger  

Ben

Target

1918 Luger  
    Ben

?

Congrats. P08 looks good.
    I like that target as well. Not bad at all for iron sights at the apropriate shooting distance.
    Though now a deac, it somehow adds a nice dimension to know, what the old warhorse was once capable of.
    Whilst not an UIT grouping its still perfectly adequate for the intended use of the weapon for hitting a man/torso sized target at a reasonable distance.

Beautiful condition WWI Luger! Man, when you get interested in something you jump right in with both feet! At least now, that poor holster isn't empty anymore!
    (Nice grouping, by the way, but it shoots abit Low...lol)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice looking luger Ben. Yes it has been redone sometime in its life. Should look good in your collection. I would like to see your lugers on display some time.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Will do John, I will take some pics after I have picked up the other luger tomorrow
    Ben

nice one Ben.

Very nice Ben. Sometimes a deact in 100% condition and matching is better to have than a firing one that breaks a piece that cannot be replaced. Recall a member at my gun club firing a G-43 and had the extractor go south. Pretty expensive for firing a couple rounds. Having the real deal is all that matters sometimes. just the way I feel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast