Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?

Article about: Hello everyone. I'm in the market for a decent Luger to give my father. I've never purchased one but have been doing a lot of homework. I'm interested in purchasing this one but does anyone

Default 1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?

Hello everyone. I'm in the market for a decent Luger to give my father. I've never purchased one but have been doing a lot of homework. I'm interested in purchasing this one but does anyone have any thoughts on the grips? The owner doesn't know if they are original or not and I don't want to buy it if the grips aren't from the time period. Any help is much appreciated and thank you!

1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?1929 DWM 1933 "sneak" Luger - Matching but what about the grips?

I am no expert but from the pics provided the grips look ok, are they damaged at the top? Also what price is he asking? If cheap enough you can find a set of grips for around £80
    Ben

it is a police luger. It has the safety sear added and the grips look like they have some mold on them. This could be the result of being stored in a holster in a damp place. What kind of luger are you looking for??
    WWI in between the wars, or WWII ( Nazi). This one is listed on Gun Broker, I think.
    I may be able to help.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Much more data is needed and much better photos. I see several red flags that indicate it might be a piece together.

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'm looking for any authentic luger. Probably on the lower end with some wear but still a good shooter. One that looks good in a collection but you know its 80 years old. There's no way I can afford one in Mint condition. Feel free to send me a message if you have something. Thank you.

- - ------- - -

What red flags are you noticing? I'd like to learn how to spot problems. Thanka

Quote by deltaspecialforce View Post
    Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'm looking for any authentic luger. Probably on the lower end with some wear but still a good shooter. One that looks good in a collection but you know its 80 years old. There's no way I can afford one in Mint condition. Feel free to send me a message if you have something. Thank you.

- - ------- - -

What red flags are you noticing? I'd like to learn how to spot problems. Thanka
    The rear toggle is erfurt proofed for military. The bottom of the toggle and trigger plate are numbered in a location of commercial production and not military. The numbers being stamped at the bottom of the hand grip is certainly commercial and not military again. The barrel has been re-blued as the stampings of all early lugers was done after blue and they get a ghost image around them. No bore measurement on the barrel is not good either. The grips are just wrong. Get me better photos and more information such as proofs on the right side of the slide. I would cut a wide path around this one myself.

Great advice. I will pass on this one. Like I mentioned before, I'm looking for a Luger 9mm preferably for sale that I can purchase or trade/purchase before Christmas. If anyone is interested, send me a message! Thanks for the help everyone!

Nothing wrong with the Luger shown other than the magazine condition. It's a 1920s commercial put into use by the police. The left grip has the typical police cut on the forward edge for a magazine safety which has been removed by police directive in the thirties. Does it have police unit markings on the front grip strap?

?

The pistol you have displayed appears very rough. The grips are trashed, cracked multi areas and probably very loose. If you are looking for a shooter why are you concerned with the grips ? I would simply have the pistol checked out for safety first, ck the barrel out, the mechanics next, then with time if desired overall appearance, new wooden grips or plastic. You should be able to purchase a nice mismatch for 800.00 to 1400. Go on Janstillluger forum site and post you are in the market for a good reliable Shooter, then make a deal. Incidentally that is a police setup. Incidently a 1929-1933 is not considered a sneak. First Sneak is K date 1934. followed by the G date 1935.

?

Forgot to mention when you chose your Luger one of the prime reasons for failure to cycle is a bad magazine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast