Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1938 S/42 Luger

Article about: I haven't posted in a while, and generally haven't added to my collection significantly for some time for various reasons, up until recently- So I thought I'd share my latest noteworthy piec

Default 1938 S/42 Luger

I haven't posted in a while, and generally haven't added to my collection significantly for some time for various reasons, up until recently- So I thought I'd share my latest noteworthy piece. Dated 1938, and deactivated in 1993. Though I've admired them for years as the iconic weapons they are, I never particularly had plans to own one, but I saw what I felt was a good deal- a fairly expensive impulse-purchase, but I'm happy with it!

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1938 S/42 Luger   1938 S/42 Luger  

1938 S/42 Luger   1938 S/42 Luger  

1938 S/42 Luger   1938 S/42 Luger  

1938 S/42 Luger  

They are, as you said, an iconic weapon, for sure! When you hold it in your hand, you have to give it to the Germans for designing and making a handgun that fits right in your grip and is almost perfectly balanced! They do know their guns!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Question

Your photos are not close up enuf to see all the markings, but that looks like e German grips & mag bottom???
    Also looks like 2 different guns mixed together.
    Sarge

?

It makes me cringe when I read that a weapon has been deactivated.
    Being an American I am spoiled because we get to keep our weapons operable.

I'll try get better photos at some point when I get time, but I believe you're right Sarge.

SteveR, I'm fine with historical weapons being deactivated, as the reason I collect them is not to own something to use for recreation or defence, but to keep and display as a piece of history. As such, I'm ok with them being unable to fire. Don't get me wrong, I've fired weapons while in the States, it's fun- but it's not why I collect, and I can live without it. Also, I have the benefit of being able to display these legally in an unrestricted and care-free manner, without concern as to who has access to them. For the record; if this weren't deactivated, being a historical gun, I personally would prefer to keep it in it's current state of use and wear as opposed to firing it. Everyone has their own preferences of course though, which I respect.

Hey Mat,
    Nice to see you back and glad that you're adding to your collection again.

Luke