Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1939 P08 Luger added to collection

Article about: by Kilroy Was Here Hi Rob, Very Nice P08 you have found. A Deko Luger is still very nice to have in your collection. The Luger feels so natural in your hand, they seem to shoot just where yo

Default 1939 P08 Luger added to collection

Hey gang....Here's my first Luger! First up was an MP40 and I'm happy to have this one added to the collection. Nice dewat with all matching numbers....even the clip numbers match...cool.
    Can someone give me some info on the maker of this pistol?
    It's in fine condition and I'm quite happy to have it in the collection. Lugers show so nicely - a true German handgun for sure!

Hope you guys like it. Thanks for any info you can send my way on this one!
    Here are some pics!
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 P08 Luger added to collection   1939 P08 Luger added to collection  

1939 P08 Luger added to collection   1939 P08 Luger added to collection  

Default Re: 1939 P08 Luger added to collection

More pics.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 P08 Luger added to collection   1939 P08 Luger added to collection  

1939 P08 Luger added to collection  

Damn!!!! That's nice, The magazine numbers matching is a real plus. I don't know very much about Lugers at all but Germany was on the top of the heap in 1939 so the quality has got to be good. This site has a bunch of lugers but they are a bit on the high side if you asked me but it might be fun to compare yours to what they have Lugers - Simpson Ltd. - Collectors Firearms

Nice one, Rob !

They are a beautiful handgun ! ! (I'd really like one !)
    Shame about the Dewat, but then, no hassles and it's legal !

Great piece !

Regards, Steve.

?

Very nice Luger congratulations

Very nice. How did they go about Dewat-ing it?

Rob,
    Looks matching from what I can see. Original finish in vg shape. The matching mag is proper too, most force match mags don't have the letter block and proof. 1939 42 code (Mauser). Your gun has the desireable "late in the year" proofs on the right side of the receiver Eagle655, Eagle655,LTP ( late test proof). The 42 code is more common this year than the S/42 code , but the proofs give (IMO) more collector interest than the drop winged Eagle63 guns.
    CAUTION Lugers are a disease and you may have the sickness. If you find yourself wanting the next example or a nice holster you are toast. For reading I recomend Third Reich Lugers by Jan C Still.
    A reprint is in the works but if you can't wait a copy will set you back about 250.00 usd. This is a small price to pay because this book is awesome and Lugers are expensive.Welcome to the club and congrats.
    Jan C Still Luger Pistols Central Powers Axis Pistols Discussion Boards From Gunboards.com - Powered by vBulletin
    Luger Discussion Forums - LugerForum Discussion Forums

Here is mine not Quite as nice as yours, but it is live
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...r-p-08-a-9447/

Rob,
    Acouple more points..... the mag has a plus on it,that indicates that it is the spare or second mag. The primary would be void of the +. Also if you take off the grips you might find they have the E/655 Mauser acceptance stamp and or the last two digits of the serial number.

WOW! Thanks for all that info! Learning quite a bit as I go here about these wonderful pieces! I appreciate all the information you've sent my way. It's a great piece and I love learning more about it! Looks great on display!

Thanks again for all the info you've sent me. Great to learn about this piece!!
    Cheers gang! Glad you like it!

Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    WOW! Thanks for all that info! Learning quite a bit as I go here about these wonderful pieces! I appreciate all the information you've sent my way. It's a great piece and I love learning more about it! Looks great on display!

Thanks again for all the info you've sent me. Great to learn about this piece!!
    Cheers gang! Glad you like it!

Rob

Hi Rob, Very Nice P08 you have found. A Deko Luger is still very nice to have in your collection. The Luger feels so natural in your hand, they seem to shoot just where you point them. This is a good feature in a handgun.........

I would clean and oil the barrel, it looks to have a good amount of RUST!!!! Rust is BAD!!!!!

I also own a 1939 date P08, here's a pic........
    It is very accurate, and has never jammed...... but have only shot 3-4 clips through her. Unfortunately the magazine does not match like yours.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 P08 Luger added to collection  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast