Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

42 Luger,clip still loaded

Article about: Still had live ww2 dated ammo in clip,bet it would still go bang!

Default 42 Luger,clip still loaded

Still had live ww2 dated ammo in clip,bet the ammo would still go off!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 42 Luger,clip still loaded   42 Luger,clip still loaded  

42 Luger,clip still loaded  

Looks very similar to my own example, minus the live rounds of course! I take it this one is a Mauser-made pistol?

B.B.

Thanks Brodie!Yes byf 42 marked,last year for the mauser luger.Think they then were concentrated on p38s and k98s.Lugers cost a lot to make and took more time ,getting guns out the factory door became more of a priority to the germans as the war progressed.

Pretty cool Toecutter! Looks like ya scored again. Ammo alone has some value I am sure. Great gun and nice to find these types of surprises.

Same as mine, then! Mine's also a byf 42. M-block serial number, so part of the Portuguese contract. Unfortunately, mine has also been made 'permanently safe'.

The wartime-dated rounds are getting collectible now. Even here in the U.K., where us plebs are permitted by our kind masters to own inerts.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks Mauser!Brodie thats a shame,you still have a real luger example, I would love to visit the U.K.sometime I always thought it was a cool place.The pistol is byf marked,mag is fxo,ammo is oxo,anyway a good example of the germans using codes instead of manufactures markings in an attempt to throw the allies off as to what factory was producing what.We never did that in the US but we didnt have to worry about our factories being bombed.

The mag is the only part on my pistol that doesn't match. It has the WaffenAmt number 655, and it's from a B-block pistol. It doesn't fire, but it's still the real deal, so the history is unmolested. I just wish I was able to retain them in working condition, even if I wasn't allowed to shoot them.

The Germans were indeed very fond of their factory codes. Just about every piece of German gear has a two- or three-letter code on it somewhere. To include a Russian-captured K98 I own with the code 'ax 41' which I'm told is a rare maker.

B.B.

Brodie,the ax41 is a hard code to find,it was made by Erma,they changed the code from 27 to ax in 1941,only about 70,000 were produced and thats low for k98s.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Brodie,the ax41 is a hard code to find,it was made by Erma,they changed the code from 27 to ax in 1941,only about 70,000 were produced and thats low for k98s.
    A nice one to have, then! A shame it's a Russian-capture and mismatched. It also has a Yugoslavian bolt in it for some reason. Looks the part on the wall, and that's what counts when it comes to deacts.

B.B.

Case I.D = oxo Teuto Metallwerke G.m.b.H., Osnabrück, Germany

Bet that mag spring has memory from being under compression for so long, does not say much for those selling the item checking it was unloaded hopefully there was not one up the spout..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast