Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1914 DWM P-08 Unit Marked Luger

Article about: Here is the finest example of a Luger that I have had the priveledge of owning. This is a 100% matching number example, including the firing pin, magazine and grips. To the best of my knowle

Default Re: 1914 DWM P-08 Unit Marked Luger

Quote by Bugme View Post
    God Steve... That thing is absolutely beautiful! Rare simply doesn't cover this one and now I see why your so attached to this little gem!
    Thank you Scott, I truly do love having this in my collection. My worst fear is that another magnificient aviation group will appear and I may be tempted to end my relationship with my baby...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Superb example....the sort i would love to give a home to !.... 'St' could be 'Depot unit' of the 1. Badisches Leib-Dragoner-Regt. Nr.20
    based at Karlsruhe, XIV Armee Korps, but i'll stand corrected.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Superb example....the sort i would love to give a home to !.... 'St' could be 'Depot unit' of the 1. Badisches Leib-Dragoner-Regt. Nr.20
    based at Karlsruhe, XIV Armee Korps, but i'll stand corrected.
    Thanks very much for the reply. You may be correct, as I have had a very hard time nailing down the meaning 100%. It took a long time and many inquiries to come up with what I thought it was. I would love to be able to know definitively one day.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Maybe someone here can positively identify this unit marking?

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

A great Luger pistol , hard to find in a condition like this one!

Adler

?

Very nice one!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Great Unit marked Luger, a keeper for sure...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Great Unit marked Luger, a keeper for sure...BILL
    Hi Bill, thanks. Have you ever seen this style of marking before that might offer a hint as to what it means other than my original "assumption"?

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Hi Bill, thanks. Have you ever seen this style of marking before that might offer a hint as to what it means other than my original "assumption"?
    Steven, Here is the Unit designation for your great luger from a good friend of mine George Anderson and a authority on Imperial Luger Unit Markings, as well as a long time collector of the same...BILL...

Bill, "It is 20th Dragoon Regiment Staff, Weapon number 2. He was probably a very senior sergeant. The 20th Dragoons were a Badische unit garrisoned in Karlsruhe. A neat gun and one worth more than a few bucks". George
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Steven, Here is the Unit designation for your great luger from a good friend of mine George Anderson and a authority on Imperial Luger Unit Markings, as well as a long time collector of the same...BILL...

Bill, "It is 20th Dragoon Regiment Staff, Weapon number 2. He was probably a very senior sergeant. The 20th Dragoons were a Badische unit garrisoned in Karlsruhe. A neat gun and one worth more than a few bucks". George
    Bill,

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to check for me, it is most appreciated. Please pass on my sincere thanks to George for sharing his knowledge as well, I am most grateful.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast