Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Arty Luger back from the chop house

Article about: A lovely pistol Ben & some great photos of it...& I think you made the right choice to get it chopped?? Look at all the hassle that soldier has had with an Iraq bring home..... not w

Default Arty Luger back from the chop house

Well guys here she is, I know our members from over the pond will cringe but heh, so do I its the law and theres no way around it (unless we revolt) Anyway for those that dont know the history behind it it came from a Grandfather of a guy who bought it back from WW1, he was in the Royal Norfolk Regiment. When he got it home to keep it safe for the kids he removed the magazine, side plate trigger and take down toggle. Since then they are lost ( I am hoping as he goes through his Grandads things he comes across them) So in all gents other than them parts the whole gun is completely matching, even the firing pin has 35 on it. The gun has its original finish and is in what I would call fair condition. I like the old girl and she sits pretty in by display cabinet, bring on the next one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arty Luger back from the chop house   Arty Luger back from the chop house  

Arty Luger back from the chop house   Arty Luger back from the chop house  

Ben

More

- - ------- - -

More 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arty Luger back from the chop house   Arty Luger back from the chop house  

Ben

?

The lines are beautiful.
    Though I dont condone what basically amounts to neutering a fine firearm, I can see how blokes in the UK are not left with many options in the not very gun friendly culture, which came about as a knee jerk reactions to somehting that happened years ago, but which is beyond the scope of Ben showing his most recent purchase.
    You are scooping up all P-08s in the vicinity these days!! What does SWMBO say!? :-)

More 2

- - ------- - -

More 3

Ben

Hi Ben...either way...you look at it..it was there during that time. Looks to be in great condition...and im sure it will dress up your current display. Would this one be the Artillery model or the Naval model..by the length of the barrel..sorry for my Luger lack of knowledge Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

More 3

Ben

Last

- - ------- - -

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Ben...either way...you look at it..it was there during that time. Looks to be in great condition...and im sure it will dress up your current display. Would this one be the Artillery model or the Naval model..by the length of the barrel..sorry for my Luger lack of knowledge Larry
    Its the Artillery model Larry

Arty Luger back from the chop house  
    Ben

Drool Lovely sleeper you have there Ben. I know its not got some pieces with it but its all part of the history Would be nice to reunite them though.

Great Ben! I would like a bog standard Luger one day.

This is a great looking Luger you have Ben. In the holster check and see if the front sight tool is there. It would look like a pin or small metal dowel for adjusting the front sight. Most of these were lost with time. iI have only seen a few of these.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast