Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Beautiful Luger

Article about: a very fine pistol sebastian the luger is a beutiful gun and the one im still after how much do these go for in norway (deact) over here they are a grand plus is the prices similar tom

Default Re: Beautiful Luger

Let's just say, We'd be sitting around the old pub singing "God Save the Queen" if we did...William
    (no offense to the ...ahem...British folk here, of course..)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Sebastian View Post
    Thank you guys!

Any of you guys playing "Realistic" WW2 era videogames, like Red Orchestra, Darkest Hour(mod) etc?
    For more than 10 years I have been playing Battlefront.com's 'Combat Mission' series of games. The latest installment 'Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy' utilizes a new game engine and is better termed a simulation rather than a game. It'll blow you away and the PBEM turn based system lets you play opponents world wide. You can also play RT but I hate click fests myself.

Battlefront.com - Overview

Beautiful Luger indeed, Sebastian...
    Mine is dewat too and i'm very proud of it...
    I play COD WWII...
    Best regards, Thanos.

hello my friends, sorry for my bad english, but i want a help for a identification of a luger. there is some tutorial ou guide for identification the period of the luger? some details in the gun? and there is how to know if the gun is deactvated?
    thanks... i wait some feed back..

Black widow?

Hey guys is there any way I can find out where it have been used, who used it?
    I've got some numbers on it, all the same numbers.

that is a black widow......sorry about the belated response..been busy shooting alot lately !!

the reason they call them black widows is "basically" a term they use for luger variations from the WWII period that have dark blued parts(ie trigger,take down,saftey) instead of the usual strawed parts. what kind of proof marks are on the side? police/gestapo lugers will be police marked.....IIRC usually eagle L or eagle C, something like that......

Quote by Kraychete View Post
    hello my friends, sorry for my bad english, but i want a help for a identification of a luger. there is some tutorial ou guide for identification the period of the luger? some details in the gun? and there is how to know if the gun is deactvated?
    thanks... i wait some feed back..
    what makes the luger "the most famous" pistol in the world is the fact there were hundreds if not maybe a thousand variations. its storied history spans a century including both world wars. few weapons ever had the hand fit and finish that a luger has. hollywood helped seal its fate, not to mention the germans use of it. every bad guy in the movies had a luger! GI's prized them from both wars. the quintesential war trophy in my opinion. heard and seen alot good ones over the years !

just look down the bore, and you will know its a deact ! what is on the chamber and toggle is always a good start. then the proof marks on the right side of the chamber. it can get really detailed. WWI DWM's with unit marks,artillery and navy long barreled versions,the ultimate cased carbine luger!! commercial swiss,american eagles,alphabet lugers, G dates,K dates, and on and on

a few from my dads collection that I was cleaning up for storage in the safe not to mention a few other "war relics"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011_04100032.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	266315
    Last edited by command450; 11-17-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Quote by command450 View Post
    what makes the luger "the most famous" pistol in the world is the fact there were hundreds if not maybe a thousand variations. its storied history spans a century including both world wars. few weapons ever had the hand fit and finish that a luger has. hollywood helped seal its fate, not to mention the germans use of it. every bad guy in the movies had a luger! GI's prized them from both wars. the quintesential war trophy in my opinion. heard and seen alot good ones over the years !

just look down the bore, and you will know its a deact ! what is on the chamber and toggle is always a good start. then the proof marks on the right side of the chamber. it can get really detailed. WWI DWM's with unit marks,artillery and navy long barreled versions,the ultimate cased carbine luger!! commercial swiss,american eagles,alphabet lugers, G dates,K dates, and on and on

the history of this luger that i mention, is my friends dad is spanish, he is very old, and i see this gun, se has a long barrel, have a date on top 1914, and has one crow... eifurt.. some like that... i think that the gun is live... becouse i can "engatilhar" find in portuguese this word... and fire the triger...
    thanks...

Quote by Kraychete View Post
    the history of this luger that i mention, is my friends dad is spanish, he is very old, and i see this gun, se has a long barrel, have a date on top 1914, and has one crow... eifurt.. some like that... i think that the gun is live... becouse i can "engatilhar" find in portuguese this word... and fire the triger...
    thanks...

look in the pic I just posted. is it like the one I have on the work bench,with the long barrel? notice the original stocks and snail 32 round(bullets) drums.

If so.......he has a very desireable 1914 artillery luger !!.....1914's are hard to find in original shape !! if its a straight up luger,it should have a nice frosty blue finish, and wear on the edges from over they years. perhaps some light pitting, and teh parts should be "strawed" regular metal with a light brown haze on them. the equipment for artilleries are worth alot money !

Quote by command450 View Post
    that is a black widow......sorry about the belated response..been busy shooting alot lately !!

the reason they call them black widows is "basically" a term they use for luger variations from the WWII period that have dark blued parts(ie trigger,take down,saftey) instead of the usual strawed parts. what kind of proof marks are on the side? police/gestapo lugers will be police marked.....IIRC usually eagle L or eagle C, something like that......
    Actually, they are called Black Widows because they have black bakelite grips. The term Black Widow is credited to Luger dealer Ralph Shattuck as a marketing ploy to add mystique and promote sales, as was the term "Sneak Luger" which he coined for unmarked 1929 DWM uncoded Lugers. The "Black Widow" is simply a standard issue Mauser Luger produced in 1941 and '42. Some were issued with Bakelite grips, some with wood grips. And they were not Gestopo issue. Kriminalpolizei (plain clothes police / detectives) and Plain Clothed Gestopo usually carried small pocket autos in 7.65mm (.32 ACP) 1914 Mauser being the most common.

RS
    Last edited by Skookum; 11-18-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Thank you guys!

Any of you guys playing "Realistic" WW2 era videogames, like Red Orchestra, Darkest Hour(mod) etc?
    i do

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast