Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Beautiful Luger

Article about: a very fine pistol sebastian the luger is a beutiful gun and the one im still after how much do these go for in norway (deact) over here they are a grand plus is the prices similar tom

Default Re: Beautiful Luger

Good, Try out Darkest Hour, or Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad

Quote by Sebastian View Post
    Good, Try out Darkest Hour, or Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad
    i have them both, love to play them i also have day of defeat and source
    even the first red orchestra
    they are awesome

Quote by command450 View Post
    look in the pic I just posted. is it like the one I have on the work bench,with the long barrel? notice the original stocks and snail 32 round(bullets) drums.

If so.......he has a very desireable 1914 artillery luger !!.....1914's are hard to find in original shape !! if its a straight up luger,it should have a nice frosty blue finish, and wear on the edges from over they years. perhaps some light pitting, and teh parts should be "strawed" regular metal with a light brown haze on them. the equipment for artilleries are worth alot money !
    its like yours luger.... and the mark of the crown called eifurt.. some like that... mean the period of the gun? is ww2 gun?
    thanks

Quote by Skookum View Post
    Actually, they are called Black Widows because they have black bakelite grips. The term Black Widow is credited to Luger dealer Ralph Shattuck as a marketing ploy to add mystique and promote sales, as was the term "Sneak Luger" which he coined for unmarked 1929 DWM uncoded Lugers. The "Black Widow" is simply a standard issue Mauser Luger produced in 1941 and '42. Some were issued with Bakelite grips, some with wood grips. And they were not Gestopo issue. Kriminalpolizei (plain clothes police / detectives) and Plain Clothed Gestopo usually carried small pocket autos in 7.65mm (.32 ACP) 1914 Mauser being the most common.

RS
    I am no expert and I am just relying on my memory hence the IIRC,in my comment.

black widow is just a nickname. and when I grew up it refered to a luger with dark blued parts and the black grips,which only makes sense to me. I had the pleasure of meeting ralph myself and my dad knew him. he was contraversial character. I guess according to some it was " a marketing ploy" but I was always under the impression GI's came up with the nickname,which ralph was. it doesn't matter any how because well know collectors prefer to use the term, and several of them have sections called "blackwidows" and in them they all have blued parts and black grips,from what I see.

Black Widow - Simpson Ltd. - Collectors Firearms

all lugers that were police issued,IIRC, would have been E/L marked. now whether any socalled "black widows" ever were I dont know.

Quote by Kraychete View Post
    its like yours luger.... and the mark of the crown called eifurt.. some like that... mean the period of the gun? is ww2 gun?
    thanks

sounds like he has a world war one(WWI) erfurt artillery luger. IIRC, they only made one year. most of those you see are in rough shape and they were not finished as "pretty" as the DWM's. but if its all matching numbers,clean bore and if it still retains its original finish. its a very desireable luger, in my opinion. any original accesories are very collectible.

Quote by command450 View Post
    sounds like he has a world war one(WWI) erfurt artillery luger. IIRC, they only made one year. most of those you see are in rough shape and they were not finished as "pretty" as the DWM's. but if its all matching numbers,clean bore and if it still retains its original finish. its a very desireable luger, in my opinion. any original accesories are very collectible.
    ok... i underestand... i will try to take some photos to post here... to you make some real opnions.... thanks all

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7