Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

byf luger

Article about: th grips are a lil loose, i have a set i bought at a gun show a while ago, they were nice and at a price i could not pass up, il save th original grips, and use th set i bought so i dont mes

Default Re: byf luger

th grips are a lil loose, i have a set i bought at a gun show a while ago, they were nice and at a price i could not pass up, il save th original grips, and use th set i bought so i dont mess up,th original set any more than they are

?

Pics won't open
    Missing most of the finish, you paid about right. Not worth much more that condition.
    Lugers were produced in batches of 1000. The next batch had a letter designating it was subsequent to the preceding batch.
    No way you can tell where it went.
    Believe the Portugese '42s were in the M block-many were Parkerized.
    Shoulder stocks are legal ONLY on artillery and Navy models. Includes repros. Go figger.
    Lots of reading available on Lugers. They are a minefield today, be careful.
    Never buy a story-even vets will blow smoke up your rear.

Good info Mikel. Knew I had read info concerning shoulder stocks. Had a 42 marked made in 39. Some idiot reblued it and put wooden grips on. Try to pretty them up and ultimately ruin collector value. Thanks for chiming in with information.

Attachment 392184

- - Updated - -

i tried a different way of loading pics, let me know if you can see em please

No sorry, they are not visible to me. Try contacting a moderator.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

since most of th original finish is gone, how much will i hurt th value by re bluing it ?

- - Updated - -

also what should i look for when shooting it ?? th bore looks perfrct no pits looks nice n smooth,

Will probably cut value in half dave. Wish we could see it. have you fired it yet.

not sure why you cant see th pics ? no iv not fired it yet, i will soon, ok i wont re blue it

took it to th range last night works perfect

glad to hear. i recommend solid round nose ammo just in case. Might jam with lead. hold onto it as you won't find many at that price.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast