Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

byf luger

Article about: th grips are a lil loose, i have a set i bought at a gun show a while ago, they were nice and at a price i could not pass up, il save th original grips, and use th set i bought so i dont mes

Default byf luger

i put a deposit on a luger last night, il pick it up tonight or tomorow, they told me it was a bring back, and was sold to them as part of a estate sale, and th vet that owned it had taken it off a german officer he shot w his m1, if posible i will get th name of th vet, is there any record of th serial numbers and who they were issued to ???

Default Re: byf luger

I think you can tell which service it was issued to from the numbers but not to which individual.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

cool thank you how would i do that ?? im looking for any info i can find about it or its history

I have a book that I think lists them (it's somewhere, I'll have to find it), though if you post the numbers someone here will probably be able to help you.
    Regards,

Jerry

ok. th serial number on th lower front frame is 9431 with a h under it, there is a 42 on th top everything execpt th mag matches

Hi Dave I believe the letter h is the lot letter which changed after certain amount were made in that serial no. range. I had one which was marked 42 and made in 1939. Code for Mauser Oberndorf. Hope you got a good deal as I know they are going for big bucks. Mine was cheap but was a reblue with new grips. Always fire with full metal jacket rounds. Hope this helps.

a lot of th original bluing has worn off, i will b paying $595 when its all said n done

I found the book I mentioned and sadly it is not as informative as I remembered in terms of saying which service the serial numbers were for, other than it says it was issued to the German armed forces. Mauser made, assuming the 42 is the makers code and not the date, though this model can have a two digit date as opposed to the more commonly seen 4 digit date. The price is good for this model, though it does depend on the condition and as it is missing most of its bluing, it might be nearer the money, but I still think it is probably a good price. I look forward to seeing some pics of it when it arrives. It is correct for this model to have a letter suffix after the serial number.
    Regards,

Jerry

thank you for your help, yes il post pics asap, iv always wanted a luger, its th 1st 1 i found in my price range

Actually it is not possible to say by the serial number to whom or to what unit this firearm belonged. Sad but true.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast