Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Couple Matching Pistols

Article about: Great looking pair of pistols. Would love to have a P-38 and P-08 together. Thanks for showing.

I particularly like the P38. It's late war Mauser built, but an unexpected Beauty! Do either of the 2 mags match it's numbers?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I particularly like the P38. It's late war Mauser built, but an unexpected Beauty! Do either of the 2 mags match it's numbers?
    Thank you! Neither of the two mags are numbered. One is a jvd and the other is marked P38 and has an eagle stamp. I don't recall the digits offhand.

2 very nice guns.

P38 magazines were never numbered after 1942. The G date P08 has been improperly reblued.

Couple of good ones. timothy

Quote by habicht View Post
    P38 magazines were never numbered after 1942. The G date P08 has been improperly reblued.
    Actually, I've seen "cyq" Spreewerke P38's that were late war that had matching number magazines...
    William

Quote by Red Devil View Post
    They are not strawed, which worried me when I considered this purchase. I have seen similar G dated ones with blued parts though, correct or not, and from the wear I don't think it was done recently on mine. I am still learning though! What are your thoughts?
    From what I have found out recently, all lugers were strawed until a certain batch number in 1937, I found this out when I joined the luger forum researching and learning about mine. The "G" codes were apparently made in 1935, thats why I asked if they were strawed. they dont look like it in the pics.
    Ben

Apparently the number was 6150
    Ben

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Actually, I've seen "cyq" Spreewerke P38's that were late war that had matching number magazines...
    According to Warren Buxton in volume II of his work "The P38 Pistol"...regarding the cyq P38s "no other parts including the magazine or grip panels bore the serial or portions of it".

Books aren't always 100% correct...If I get time, I'll take some photos of a vet bring back(the vet was a friend of mine) with a numbered and matching clip...
    William

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast