Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Custom Luger and 1911 "Battle of the Bulge" Display Cases

Article about: Hey Guys - Just noticed that there was a Luger specific forum on the site and thought I'd share a recent display project. I tried to include a lot of details relevant to both sides of the ba

Default Custom Luger and 1911 "Battle of the Bulge" Display Cases

Hey Guys - Just noticed that there was a Luger specific forum on the site and thought I'd share a recent display project. I tried to include a lot of details relevant to both sides of the battle, with specific division/unit symbols, a reproduction of the original German surrender demand, and a map of the Bastogne area - I hope you like it!

More info and other WW2 projects on my Facebook page if anyone might be interested: https://www.facebook.com/CustomHistoricalDisplays/

Thanks,
    Scott

MAP
    ?

Loved this the 1st time. 2nd time is even better
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello

Why do you have to put SS runes with Luger ?
    Is it necessary ?

french troops also had the 1911 !

cordially
    Didier

Quote by bichon View Post
    Hello

Why do you have to put SS runes with Luger ?
    These are the divisional shields for the units that took part in the siege of Bastogne.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

My apologies if I posted this twice on this forum? I did a quick search and thought I had only posted other projects here but perhaps I missed this one!

Yes, as Danmark mentioned, each case has S selected American and German units who participated in the battle and certainly these SS divisions played a large part.

Very pretty but you have a couple grave errors with your rendition of the American flag:
    1. the flag should be displayed with the field on the upper RIGHT, not left;
    2. the US flag had 48 stars in the Second World War, not 50. (It had 48 stars until 1959 when Alaska became a state at which time the 49th star was added. The 50th star was added with Hawaiian statehood.)

Well Bill I believe you are partially correct. I should have used 48 stars and realized that shortly after I made it but since the stars are physically carved in the wood there was no way to correct that.

To your second point, if you look up the official regulations on displaying the US flag, when displayed vertically the regulations are very clear that the Union is to be shown on the top left as in my case. I agree it looks backwards, but it actually is correct. A quick Google search will confirm that for you. I try hard not to make "grave" errors with my nation's flag.

Great display of two firearms that took part in the battle. Thanks for sharing your fine weapons. Nice display. Very desirable pistols and value is quite high on both.

?

Very nice display sir.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast