MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?

Article about: Hello here is Julekpl. Here I am with some questions about dad's parabellum. It was given to him as a gift, and we could never figure out anything about it. It does have a few eagles here an

Default Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?

Hello here is Julekpl. Here I am with some questions about dad's parabellum. It was given to him as a gift, and we could never figure out anything about it. It does have a few eagles here and there, no swastikas, the safety is in German (I believe) and this is all I know. I have found an eagle engraving on the barrel which also has the number 33 on it (1933?). Any thoughts? Thanks

Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?

Default Re: Dad's parabellum, odd etchings?

i think the eagles are weimar, it looks to have all matching numbers which is good

have a look at ingrids reply to this thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...rkings-130737/ post 10

It appears to have the remains of the DWM monogram on the toggle.

There is also what appears to be a US importer's mark - ??? IMP WPB FL.

Possibly someone called Pedro Bello - West Palm Beach Florida.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dad's parabellum, odd etchings? 
    Last edited by Richie B; 01-02-2012 at 12:02 PM.

It is a 1920's DWM commercial that was taken into police service and the Weimar proofs added. It also has a police sear safety added in the late Weimar years.

my dad actually got this from a friend in south Florida, so I guess it is an import stamp. Does the wiemar stamp with the 33 make it pre war then? 1933? I tried to look for more etchings, but most are scratched down. And what exactly is DWM? I'm not entrily familiar with this. Thank you all

?

Quote by Julekpl View Post
    my dad actually got this from a friend in south Florida, so I guess it is an import stamp. Does the wiemar stamp with the 33 make it pre war then? 1933? I tried to look for more etchings, but most are scratched down. And what exactly is DWM? I'm not entrily familiar with this. Thank you all
    DWM means, Deutsche Waffen- und Munitionsfabriken (DWM) who produced many German weapons. Many of the early Mauser's like the 1891, the 1895, and others were produced by Lowe & Company who were eventually taken over by DWM.