Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dug luger help

Article about: I dug this from a pond just a few miles from where i live (Southern England)a few years ago. ive cleaned it up to what i think is a pretty solid state considering its age. My opinion is , is

Default dug luger help

I dug this from a pond just a few miles from where i live (Southern England)a few years ago. ive cleaned it up to what i think is a pretty solid state considering its age. My opinion is , is that the owner walked out into the field, fired the mag empty, hence the pistol has magazine in and breach open..... I had the pistol de-actived to comply with our laws. Can you tell by pics if its ww1 ww2 or maybe non military?? it has a 6 inch barrel and at rear of pistol it has 200 stamped just below toggle. What does the 200 stand for? many thanks Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture dug luger help   dug luger help  

dug luger help  

Default Re: dug luger help

Seems like the artillery Lüger to me.

Genosse, As it was "lost" in a UK pond, I wonder what it has done?...

A Nice Piece.

It is a WW1 German Navy Luger...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

now what would a WW1 navy luger be doing in a pond the the south of England how very strange??????

Jan
    ?

Chills me to the bone :/

thanks for the responce guys, bill, ww1 navy, the 6 inch barrel suggests navy but what makes you sure its ww1, not questioning your judgement my friend, just would like to learn. also what are the 200 numbers stamped on the rear under toggle? many thanks paul
    ww1 bring back?

Jan
    ?

Maybe a vet bringback, as an archeologist and due to the lack of surface rust would say that it got into the pond some 40 yrs or more ago..

when i found it it was in quite a state, wish id took pics, at the time i thought it a bit of a gamble when cleaning/chipping the rust off. then it sat in a tub of diesel for about a week, then once dried out i gently emery papered all the rust off as most of the surface layer had gone i felt this would not be of any harm but help preserve it. turned out pretty good i thought! Then had it de-acted.

?

Now thats a fantastic find!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast