Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

DWM 1921 dated Luger?

Article about: I'm looking at a DWM 1921 dated Luger thats in 95%+ condition. It is serial numbered 4106. It is in a holster serialed to the pistol and made by A. Fischer Berlin C2 1933. The front strap is

Redhand
    ?

Question DWM 1921 dated Luger?

I'm looking at a DWM 1921 dated Luger thats in 95%+ condition. It is serial numbered 4106. It is in a holster serialed to the pistol and made by A. Fischer Berlin C2 1933. The front strap is stamped SDV.139. It has 3 eagles stamped on the right side of the frame. It has two aluminum based mags that are serialed to the pistol. All numbers on the pistol match. It has a tool in the holster that is serialed to the pistol. Can anyone share any information on this pistol that would help me in making an informed decision about a possible purchase? Thanks

Default Re: DWM 1921 dated Luger?

Redhand

S.D.V. is a German police marking from the inter-war period.

Schupo command V of the Dusseldorf district.

Do all the numbers match on the pistol ? - the last two digits should be repeated on the smaller components.

Regards

Richie

Redhand
    ?

Thumbs up Re: DWM 1921 dated Luger?

RichieB, I appreciate the info. All of the numbers match on every part. Do you know what a fair offer would be on this pistol. I don't have it in hand to take pictures but it is in great condition.

To give a valuation with photographs is really tough, but to give a value on an item unseen, is impossible. There are way too many variables involved to assess a value on an unseen item. Condition is relative, what some think is a great condition piece may not be so great in the eyes of another, thus affecting value significantly.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Redhand View Post
    Do you know what a fair offer would be on this pistol.
    I assume you are in the US.

Living as I do in a country where handguns are banned, I will leave comments on valuation to someone from the US or elsewhere who has a better idea of market conditions.

I would imagine it would be quite collectable if in good condition.

Please buy it so we can see the photos !

Regards

Richie

Redhand
    ?

Thumbs up Re: DWM 1921 dated Luger?

Here are some pictures I finally got around to taking. Any comments would be appreciated i.e. worth,condition,any distractions. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DWM 1921 dated Luger?   DWM 1921 dated Luger?  

Redhand
    ?

Two or three more pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DWM 1921 dated Luger?   DWM 1921 dated Luger?  

DWM 1921 dated Luger?   DWM 1921 dated Luger?  

DWM 1921 dated Luger?   DWM 1921 dated Luger?  

Fine photos - hopefully you get an idea of value from someone here.

Regards

Richie