Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DWM Luger manufacture date

Article about: by matt0906 sorry bill I did not see your question. It is a .30. It was made after WW1 in the 1920s.. Usually for export, many were imported into the USA... 800\\$ is a very fair price....BILL

Default DWM Luger manufacture date

I just bought this luger today for 800 dollars. I Have never had one before and I know there are lot of variables in pricing these so I took a chance. First I was wondering how to tell the dates on these second I was wondering if I got a good deal. All the numbers match. Thank you so much for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DWM Luger manufacture date   DWM Luger manufacture date  

DWM Luger manufacture date   DWM Luger manufacture date  

DWM Luger manufacture date   DWM Luger manufacture date  

?

Default Re: DWM Luger manufacture date

Based on some minimal research it appears your luger was made between 1906 and 1914. Here is the direct info from the website. The info is based on the marking above the serial number. "German commercial proof. Found on some commercial Lugers of the 1906-1914 era. A few Lugers manufactured by Krieghoff have a similar, but small proof."

What is the caliber 9mm or .30 Luger...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

thank you very much. Do you think it is woth the 800 I paid for it

?

You're gun appears, to my untrained eye, to be in good condition. I am not the best person to ask about price, as I am not very up to date on what they are going for and am not very knowledgable about the different variations. Did you get a holster and extra magazines, or just the gun?

I did not get a holster but did get 1 extra magazine

?

I know that matching guns are worth a lot more, as I'm sure you know. Is the gun matching or mismatched?

all numbers are matching

?

I think you did fine for $800 but again, I am no expert on lugers so best to wait for more experienced opinions.

Bill will know what he's talking about, so best to answer his question as he will know much more than I do. Here is what Bill asked.

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    What is the caliber 9mm or .30 Luger...BILL

sorry bill I did not see your question. It is a .30.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast