Become our sponsor and display your banner here

German POWs

Article about: In this photo is my Uncle Don with a group of German POWs I beleive taken in Germany? Possibly France. He returned with two captured pistols- Walther PPK and a 1936 S/42 Luger. Both wonderfu

sacmo52
    ?

Default German POWs

In this photo is my Uncle Don with a group of German POWs I beleive taken in Germany? Possibly France. He returned with two captured pistols- Walther PPK and a 1936 S/42 Luger. Both wonderful pieces. Possibly from one of the captives pictured here! I have attached photos of the group and the pistols. Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0001.jpg 
Views:	4344 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	143862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LugerRightSide.jpg 
Views:	2092 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	143864  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: German POWs

Wow, two great pieces. I would hold on to these with my life. Do they have matching magazines?

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Great bringbacks. You just cannot beat a Luger for a souvenir!

Cheers, Ade.

sacmo52
    ?

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Wow, two great pieces. I would hold on to these with my life. Do they have matching magazines?
    Unfortunately not matching mag on the S/42. It came with a ww1 wooden end mag. I purchsed another one with aluminum end. All other numbers match on the S/42 though. If you ever come across a mag with #2957 let me know!
    The walther mags do not have #s.

I wondered about the Wooden knobs, on the Luger magazines. When did they switch to metal on the magazines?
    Because I got magazines with wood knobs magazines.

your Luger is in great shape

(I love lugers)

sacmo52
    ?

Hi Franz, It is my understanding that the wooden knobs were WWI issue. Obviously they were used into the later years as mine was on the 1936 model. I agree, lugers are an attractive handgun. I like the Walther too. I also have a Savage Arms model 1907 .32 semi auto. Thanks for the compliment!
    Sacmo

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.