Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German POWs

Article about: In this photo is my Uncle Don with a group of German POWs I beleive taken in Germany? Possibly France. He returned with two captured pistols- Walther PPK and a 1936 S/42 Luger. Both wonderfu

sacmo52
    ?

Default German POWs

In this photo is my Uncle Don with a group of German POWs I beleive taken in Germany? Possibly France. He returned with two captured pistols- Walther PPK and a 1936 S/42 Luger. Both wonderful pieces. Possibly from one of the captives pictured here! I have attached photos of the group and the pistols. Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German POWs   German POWs  

Attached Images Attached Images German POWs 

Default Re: German POWs

Wow, two great pieces. I would hold on to these with my life. Do they have matching magazines?

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Great bringbacks. You just cannot beat a Luger for a souvenir!

Cheers, Ade.

sacmo52
    ?

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Wow, two great pieces. I would hold on to these with my life. Do they have matching magazines?
    Unfortunately not matching mag on the S/42. It came with a ww1 wooden end mag. I purchsed another one with aluminum end. All other numbers match on the S/42 though. If you ever come across a mag with #2957 let me know!
    The walther mags do not have #s.

I wondered about the Wooden knobs, on the Luger magazines. When did they switch to metal on the magazines?
    Because I got magazines with wood knobs magazines.

your Luger is in great shape

(I love lugers)

sacmo52
    ?

Hi Franz, It is my understanding that the wooden knobs were WWI issue. Obviously they were used into the later years as mine was on the 1936 model. I agree, lugers are an attractive handgun. I like the Walther too. I also have a Savage Arms model 1907 .32 semi auto. Thanks for the compliment!
    Sacmo

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.