Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Military Luger.

Article about: Hi, how are you guys? A friend of mine have this 1917 Erfurt Luger. And maybe i`m gonna bought this Luger from him. I would like your opinions on this Luger. Is everything ok with this one?

Default Help with Military Luger.

Hi, how are you guys?
    A friend of mine have this 1917 Erfurt Luger. And maybe i`m gonna bought this Luger from him.
    I would like your opinions on this Luger. Is everything ok with this one?
    It is really a Military 1917 Erfurt Luger?
    And like how much money will cost this Luger now?
    Thanks a lot!

Amilcar.

Default Re: Help with Military Luger.

A couple of points and questions. Yes, it looks like a numbers matching 1917 Erfurt Luger. Does it have any military markings on the grip strap? If not, it is still okey, as All Erfurt's were made for the Imperial Military and are all military models. The only other thing that I would question, is-has it been Reblued? The bluing on it looks Awfully dark and the oddly appearing Crown mark may indicate this as well.

At any rate, if it is all straight and in working order, a good Erfurt can bring a couple of thousand US dollars. Naturally, you would need to locate a decent holster,extra magazine,holster tools, etc also.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Your luger has been reblued. This is not all bad. More detailed pictures are in order. Side photos will help. How is the bore?? If you don't mind me asking How much is he wanting for it??
    Thanks,

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hello, how are you guys?
    I live in Mexico City. And i´m a WW1 and WW2 Militaria Collector. I always loved the old and antiques guns. But Mexico is an anti-gun Country and is really hard and dangerous to get Guns here.
    I start to collect old guns 2 years ago. And i know that only a few Commercial Lugers appears in one year. And they go for 700$ to 1800$.
    I know that the Military Lugers in Mexico are really hard to find. This is the first Military Luger that i see in the last 2 years.
    If i were in the USA i will probably pass of this one. And i will wait to find a better one.
    I prefer to pay more money for a better gun.
    But like i´m in Mexico i think that i should bought this gun. But in a fair price of course.
    The guy is asking 1400$ for the gun, he told me that examples like this one goes for 1800$ in the USA. xD.
    So now i think that i should offer him 600$ to 1000$. But not more than 1000$ right?
    Thanks for letting me know the odd things in this one. So i will tell him all the problems with this one and let´s see if i can get it for 600-1000$.
    I will ask him better pictures of the Luger and i will post them here for your opinions.
    I really appreciate your help .
    Thanks a lot!

Amilcar.

IF the bore is good, as John said, $1400 is not an unreasonable price for a matching numbers WWI Erfurt. If you can pick it up for as cheap as you are hoping to, it would give you plenty of leeway to find and add the holster,magazines and tools to it also. However...IF the bore is slick and worn out or heavily pitted....I would avoid it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello, how are you guys?
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    My friend just send me these photos of the Luger, here are more photos if that helps;

From what I can see from your photos. It appears the top half has been reblued sometime in it's life. this is not all bad. The asking price he has offered you is not bad.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The pistol has been reblued as mentioned.unfortunately not professionally done either.Sorry but its just flat out bad,IMO.no halos on any of the numbers is a clue. Its a $600 luger tops IMO. I would just keep looking regardless..

Understanding your situation in Mexico, and the rarity of these pistols down there, maybe try haggling with him?

While Command's advice is dead-on if you were collecting here in the US - The fact that this is a $600 pistol here in the US has bearing, but doesn't necessarily mean it is worth $600 in Mexico -

Do your research on how much you may be able to sell this one for when you finally find that original finish, matching numbers Luger, and spend accordingly.