Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Holster P08 genuine or replica?

Article about: The holster was made by E.G. Leuner GmbH, Bautzen,Humboldstrasse in 1939. The P08 Holster think it looks good old mark but there are many replicas with this marking and I'm not sure it would

Default Holster P08 genuine or replica?

The holster was made by E.G. Leuner GmbH, Bautzen,Humboldstrasse in 1939.
    The P08 Holster think it looks good old mark but there are many replicas with this marking and I'm not sure it would be original. I want to experience what some collectors who have seen the original mark.
    Thanks in advance moderators and collectors!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holster P08 genuine or replica?   Holster P08 genuine or replica?  

Holster P08 genuine or replica?   Holster P08 genuine or replica?  

?

Default Re: Holster P08 genuine or replica?

it looks to soft. it does not give me a good feeling.

looks Original to me. It looks like it was re-dyed some time in its life. The inside leather and stamps will tell the story. The name written in it by the stamp looks good. If you look at the weathered leather on the belt loops. The stretching looks good also. What makes the stamps on the back look funny is the re-dyeing.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

This holster is FAKE ! the buckle , the loop , the stitches are all wrong!!
    Watch the similar item!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holster P08 genuine or replica?   Holster P08 genuine or replica?  

if you knew this... Why would you even ask anyone???
    Without clear detailed photos it is hard to tell. Testing our Intelligents is not what most of us are on here for.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The was not the most decent attitude. Or maybe you just learned that afterwards????

Chalk this one up top things that make say; Hmmmm ;-(

Adaraphael-
    It is very bad taste to post an item you know to be fake and ask for opinions. it seems the intent was to embarass our members. This is an attitude that will not be tolerated on this Forum. This thread should have started with your stating it was a fake and the reasons you gave for it being so. This would make the thread educational. Please refrain from further conduct of this type. We are here to learn and not be scorned.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Well said Mr. Coleman, well said.

Dusty

The pictures were later posted on the net and found a holster is almost the same but not identical. Identity is shaped buckle
    what made ​​me think it is a fake. Holsetrul the first picture was for sale on a site I've only seen these pictures. I kept the subject in hand and are not 100% convinced that it is fake but some details made ​​me suspect it.
    Identical mark appears on several different holster only production year. It could be manufactured in China or another Asian country.
    I wished to deceive nobody was only confused and even the seller was not sure of its authenticity.
    Please forgive me if I produced confusion but I was not sure of its authenticity and wanted the opinion of some collectors who have met similar items. There are many replicas are used and if it is difficult to distinguish the original images appear almost identical differ in only some details.I hope these images to help identify counterfeits sold as originals.
    Thanks for understanding!