Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Inherited 1936 P08, looking for info

Article about: My grandfather brought back a 1936 P08 from the war with him and since then it has just been sitting in a drawer, other than the times we snuck it out to play with it as kids. Since his rece

Quote by Anon View Post
    No need, valuations are always welcome but it is also needful to remember that any given, like opinions are just what one person thinks.
    My opinions of value are based on what have I sold some dozen Krieghoffs for over the last five years. Sold to collectors in both the US and Europe.

Quote by habicht View Post
    My opinions of value are based on what have I sold some dozen Krieghoffs for over the last five years. Sold to collectors in both the US and Europe.
    No one is doubting the accuracy of your valuation, I merely wanted to reinforce the point that firstly you continue to post them as it sounded like you might not do it any more but also to make certain that it is understood that valuations are like opinions and need to be treated and weighed as such depending on the poster, but at the end of the day a valuation is still just a form of opinion based on the posters views and experience and their particular slant on the subject matter.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A beautiful luger! I wish I had some americans GIs that fought in my famimly, I only ahd german luftwaffe army and waffen ss. Of course they didnt bring back anything!

If you do choose to sell it please do so with provenance. The history of the piece only adds to the value (capture papers can double values) and helps keep history "talking".

Quote by Anon View Post
    ... at the end of the day a valuation is still just a form of opinion based on the posters views and experience and their particular slant on the subject matter.
    Quote by SteveR View Post
    TrevorW
    I hope you understand that a members thoughts on value [...] t is just a personal opinion by a member.
    I've got no dog in this fight, but can say with authority that George is a long-time, advanced Luger collector and is well-respected in the US Luger circles. With all due respect, if George has sold over a dozen Krieghoff Lugers in the last five years (and I don't doubt that he hasn't) then he would be in a good position to accurately state their values in the US market and thus his input is far more than "an opinion." A sale price IS a value: it's what someone actually paid for an item, and not simply what someone wants for the item. Remember, value is what one is willing to pay for a certain item.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3