Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just got this Luger

Article about: Hello All. Just picked up this WWI Luger with holster. It is a Erfurt 1912. It is about 85% and all matching numbers except for the unnumbered wood bottom magazine. It is unit marked and I h

Default Re: Just got this Luger

He is right.Most of them have been gone for awhile, and not many korean war vets are left either. luger collecting is another virtual mine field for the beginner,much like other TR collectibles.Knowledge is king like always. There were some large collections being liquidated too. But the mint,two matching mag original rigs, are still sought after and will pull alot more than the average ones. and the more unique variants are still way up there. run of the mill stuff,does not seem to be doing good at all.

That is a interesting piece.
    Where did you see it may I ask?
    John

Quote by deadeye View Post
    check this out. this is made of bronze. may be a early advertizing peice. dont know. but its reall kool
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I like these unit marked ones, and whats nice is the holster has not been honked up.

I would say you got a good deal,myself...congrats!

picked it up couple days ago. some guy was selling it at the flea market. didnt think i would ever see another. so i bouhgt it. fiqured it would go well w/ my collection.Man this thing is heavy.looks as thought they may have used an actaul luger to cast the mold. its extremly detailed with a very low serial #1243k . im thinking w/the low serial # it may be advertizing. havent looked up the serial # yet to see when the manufactor date was. may be a indication. what do you think.deadeye

Whats the back of it look like. and where are the SR numbers?

John

john heading to work. tomarrow will post pics of the back for you.the serial #is on the barrel i beleve. it also has the last 2 digets of the serial # on one of the parts that i can see. thats what makes me think it was a actaul gun cast. was looking for some makers marks . coulnt find any. need to get a loop for a better look.i will post the pics of back tomarrow. if i wanted to start a thread on this . how would i go about it on the forum. just figured out how to add photos today on post replies. not the best w/computers. thanks for your help.deadeye

john taking a quick look at the photo. the serial # is located on the frame above the trigger sloigtly to the left before the barrel. you may be able to enlarge the photo for a better look.

I can help you get a thread started about these. It is not hard. Maybe one of the mods can help us find out where a new thread on this thing should go.
    John

Quote by deadeye View Post
    john heading to work. tomarrow will post pics of the back for you.the serial #is on the barrel i beleve. it also has the last 2 digets of the serial # on one of the parts that i can see. thats what makes me think it was a actaul gun cast. was looking for some makers marks . coulnt find any. need to get a loop for a better look.i will post the pics of back tomarrow. if i wanted to start a thread on this . how would i go about it on the forum. just figured out how to add photos today on post replies. not the best w/computers. thanks for your help.deadeye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12