Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ku Marked Luger

Article about: Hi chaps This will be my latest buy a very nice and all matching numbered Ku luger. It came from the estate of a gent who passed away and at the moment the gun is still live waiting to be de

Default Ku Marked Luger

Hi chaps

This will be my latest buy a very nice and all matching numbered Ku luger. It came from the estate of a gent who passed away and at the moment the gun is still live waiting to be deactivated. It also has the belt, buckle and holster which the family have kept The luger and rig came from a German bomber pilot which was shot down in the UK and this was handed over when he surrendered.

Ku lugers are extremely rare and not much is known about them, i think this is the first one I have seen for sale in the UK, there are probably more out there somewhere. Apparently these were spare parts from Mauser given to Krieghoff to complete an order they had with the Luftwaffe. Another theory is that they were constructed by Mauser for a contract to the German Coastal Flying Corps or the "Kustenfliegerstafflen", thats where the Ku is meant to come from.

If anyone else knows of any other theories please let us know.

Like I said here is a preview of the bad boy I will post much better pics when this eventually lands in my lap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ku Marked Luger   Ku Marked Luger  

Ku Marked Luger   Ku Marked Luger  

Ku Marked Luger  
    Ben

It breaks my heart to read that this fine piece will have to be castrated...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

Glenn, likewise mate, when hand guns were banned I had to hand in 5 pistols BTW will be in Seattle 23rd of Dec for 10 days so will be in touch
    Ben

Hi Ben,
    Fantastic, do you know if it has Luftwaffe proofs?
    I didn't think anyone knows for sure, however they are rare and I for one wouldn't say no!
    What does it say on the underside of the barrel?
    Cracking stuff!
    Jonathan.

Mate I do believe it has the Luftampt on the right side of the gun. Under the barrel are proof marks, the dealer had it proofed as he was going to sell it in Germany but did a deal with the dealer that I am getting it from. Very excited about it, all matching and looks in stonking condition
    Ben

?

Amazing Luger and interesting history with this set. And with the belt, buckle and holster!
    Way to go Ben! (agree on the castration...)

Jeff

In the UK Jeff we have no option unless you are a firearms dealer and have a section 5 ticket, pain in the ass
    Ben

?

Can't wait to see the entire rig...

?

Very nice Ben..Another great pistol for the collection. I still need to add a Luger to my collection yet. Looking forward some better snaps. Cheers Terry.

Nice lugar Ben all I have ever read is that these are indeed Luftwaffe used I see the Luft Ampt stickbird proof on barrel you find this same proof on luft weapons, Gravity knife, flare gun K98K sometimes and all other Luft used weapons shame about not being able to shoot it you boys across the pond have seen this for years if some have their way it's coming in the USA Nice gun regardless to add to your collection I like the history from the bomber crewman. Here is Luft Ampt on a Luftwaffe double flare gun. Hope you don't mind me showing it in your thread. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ku Marked Luger   Ku Marked Luger  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast