Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luger

Article about: Hi all, I'm being offered this gun. My knowledge of this guns is next to zero. What do you think about it please? Whay is the barrel 6 " long ? Any links to reference web-site about lug

?

Default Luger

Hi all, I'm being offered this gun.
    My knowledge of this guns is next to zero.

What do you think about it please? Whay is the barrel 6 " long ?

Any links to reference web-site about lugers?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger   Luger  

Luger  

?

Default Re: Luger

It is a very nice Marine luger

?

?

Thank you. I realize, now I have to go and freakin google it . But couple of more words please. What makes it Navy pistol?

Sorry I'm really a zero in firearms, unless it's soviet (but that is knowledge from my service in army)

What are the marks M with crown? I know W and L

Right parabellum and luger any difference?

?

It was in 1904 that the German Marine adopted the Luger pistol as a regulation side-arm. It asked and obtained some modifications as a longer 150 mm barrel, the addition of an adjustable two position (100 - 200 mm) rear sight and the adaptation of a removable wood board stock bearing a metal disk screwed on the left side. Produced until 1917, the Marine Luger successively underwent all the regular model modifications. The former wooden bottom magazine bore concentrical rings.

Luger

1. German commercial barrel proof. Found (with proof 3) on some 7.65 m/m 1900 and 1906 commerical Lugers.
    2. German commercial barrel proof. Found (with proof 3) on some 9 m/m 1902 thru 1908.
    3. German commercial receiver and toggle assembly proof. Found on some commercial Lugers, 1900 thru 1908.
    4. German commercial proof. Found on some commercial Lugers of the 1906-1914 era. A few Lugers manufactured by Krieghoff have a similar, but small proof.
    5. Swiss Proof. Shooting-in proof of Federal Arms Factory, Berne.
    6. Swiss Proof. Control proof of Herr Vogelsang.
    7. Swiss Proof. Control proof of Herr Nievergelt.
    8. Swiss Proof. Control proof of Col. Muhlemann.
    9. German Navy barrel Proof. Left proof located on bottom of barrel. Right proof (not always present) is located on left side of barrel. Found on SOME 1904,1906, 1908, and ALL 1914 Navy Examples.
    10. German Navy receiver proof. Found (with proof 9) on some 1904, 1906, 1908 and ALL 1914 Navy examples.
    11. German military receiver proof. Found only on the 1908 commercial/military variation.
    12. German military receiver proof. Found on the 1908 military examples without chamber dates.

?

Also know here in the States as the Navy Luger. Nice find very rare and valuable Luger. They can easily go for north of $5000 US depending on condition.

?

Thanks. I'm in the U.K. it's deact
    but I'm happy anyway
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger   Luger  

Excellent Navy Parabellum and well taken care of, in the deactivation process...
    Regards, Thanos.