Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luger question

Article about: Hi Guys, I have been offered this 1917 Luger by a co-worker, it’s been in his family since 1931. The gun has matching serial numbers (7000 range), 2 clips are serialize to the gun (1 clip is

Default Luger question

Hi Guys,
    I have been offered this 1917 Luger by a co-worker, it’s been in his family since 1931. The gun has matching serial numbers (7000 range), 2 clips are serialize to the gun (1 clip is an aftermarket). The holster is also is serialized to the gun.

My dilemma is I have no knowledge of Lugers or their value. This would be a keeper for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Luger questionLuger question

Default Re: Luger question

A real beauty, I don't really know the going rate in the US as a live weapon I'm afraid, but not cheap I'm sure of that much.

These lugers bring anywhere from 800.00 to 1500.00 depending on condition. What markings are on the holster. The wood bottom clips are a plus since they match the gun. Could I see some close up photos of the markings? Top and sides. Is it an erfurt? The holster color looks period.(brown). I collect lugers and M1 carbines, so hopfully I can help. Send me a PM if you want too.

John

?

If the 1917 P08 rig is in excellent condition with the 2 matching magazines and holster it is worth north of $2500. Even mismatched Luger's in decent condition bring close to $800. I've seen many RC Luger's in decent condition bring that much.
    Just an all matching Luger in excellent condition without a matching magazine will bring $1500. If someone can tell were a rig like the OP can be had for $1500 please let me know. I'd buy it in a heart beat. If it's an Erfurt rig even more than $2500.

Well the two matching mags is the big kicker on its value, IMO.........but thats assuming it is all matching and has not been honked with. I am sure fellow Luger/miltaria collectors would agree with me that many times, we have all seen cases where things dont add up to the history the family believes took place.

like mentioned,no way to tell without better pics. even better would be stripped down, but often hard to do for those unfamilar with lugers. lord knows we dont want them chipping off those nice grips!

It sure seems to have promise though.

How many do you want? Was just on gun broker and they have one for 815.00 with no reserve. and a 95% one for 1500.00. if you know someone that will pay that I will start buying them.

Quote by samnev View Post
    If the 1917 P08 rig is in excellent condition with the 2 matching magazines and holster it is worth north of $2500. Even mismatched Luger's in decent condition bring close to $800. I've seen many RC Luger's in decent condition bring that much.
    Just an all matching Luger in excellent condition without a matching magazine will bring $1500. If someone can tell were a rig like the OP can be had for $1500 please let me know. I'd buy it in a heart beat. If it's an Erfurt rig even more than $2500.

?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    How many do you want? Was just on gun broker and they have one for 815.00 with no reserve. and a 95% one for 1500.00. if you know someone that will pay that I will start buying them.
    DWM 1917 "Shooter" Luger 9mm WWI : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
    Really I just went on gunbroker and above is a listing for a "shooter" Luger for $995

Here is another Weimeir re-stamp with 2 matching mags and holster for $2800. Better satrt buying them for $1500 you will make a killing.

DWM 1920 re-stamp Weimar Luger with holster : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I could go on and on but these 2 examlpes should suffice. There are a number of others simillarly priced. The 2 numbered magazines that match the P08 substantially raise the price. Even 1 matching mag makes a significant difference in Luger prices. It's also quite hard to find a Luger with 2 matching mags let alone with a holster numbered to the Luger. I also have been collecting Luger's for many years and have never seen one for sale that had the holster numbered to the gun.

You can ask the world and what it sold for is what the market will stand. Did you look at what was sold and how much they brought. This site has that feature. That is how you can gauge market value or what the market will stand. What is asking price is NOT what they sold for.

Quote by samnev View Post
    DWM 1917 "Shooter" Luger 9mm WWI : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
    Really I just went on gunbroker and above is a listing for a "shooter" Luger for $995

Here is another Weimeir re-stamp with 2 matching mags and holster for $2800. Better satrt buying them for $1500 you will make a killing.

DWM 1920 re-stamp Weimar Luger with holster : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I could go on and on but these 2 examlpes should suffice. There are a number of others simillarly priced. The 2 numbered magazines that match the P08 substantially raise the price. Even 1 matching mag makes a significant difference in Luger prices. It's also quite hard to find a Luger with 2 matching mags let alone with a holster numbered to the Luger. I also have been collecting Luger's for many years and have never seen one for sale that had the holster numbered to the gun.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

All good info guys. I had a Erfurt dated 1917 I bought back in the 70s and paid about $250 for it back then. Purchased it from a gun shop. Just goes to show how much they have increased in collector value over the years. Last one I saw was an S/42 selling for $1800 a year or two back. If someone offers to sell you one cheap Grab It.

All matching WWI Erfurt with matching holster and both clips? 2 Grand max....but that holster looks like it could be having red leather disease on it....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast