Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luger Shoulder stock/ holster

Article about: Not much else to say, just that it is a luger shoulder stock/holster. I cannot find any distinctive markings on it. Everything works. Anyone have any additional information, including value?

jh92
    ?

Default Luger Shoulder stock/ holster

Not much else to say, just that it is a luger shoulder stock/holster. I cannot find any distinctive markings on it. Everything works. Anyone have any additional information, including value? It was brought back in wwii but I believe it is wwi.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Shoulder stock/ holster   Luger Shoulder stock/ holster  

Luger Shoulder stock/ holster   Luger Shoulder stock/ holster  

Luger Shoulder stock/ holster  

?

Default Re: Luger Shoulder stock/ holster

Mauser c96 stock.

jh92
    ?

I am pretty confident it is for a luger, a dealer i know was able to attach his luger on it. Or are you able to attach lugers and muasers to mauser c96 stocks?

Although it may accomodate a Luger now it was not originally made for a Luger. The cut-out in the wood for the grip looks as though it was done recently...no age on the raw wood. The attaching iron is for a Luger but is not original to that stock. I will attempt to load a photo of an original artillery stock/holster outfit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Shoulder stock/ holster  

?

The attach grip for a c-96 is rigth and taht for a Parabellum is curve. I think thi's a adaptation.

Shoulder stocks of the mauser design where (custom) made for almost every gun at that period and especially for commercial Lugers.
    Every catalog of that period offers one or more models for each type of gun.
    Let us remember that in those days almost every gun was made with an atachement for a removable stock.
    So this Shoulder stock/holster can be an original

?

From the quality of work and Parabellums and their accesoiries I have seen, I can tell you this is a home/carpentermade issue - anyone can make such. Parabellums came with flat loose stock combined with leatherholster. This is not even Mauser C96 stock - quality ***** greatdeal when you compare it to one original C96 stock-holsters have.