Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M1906 Swiss Bern Luger

Article about: Hi guys this arrived this morning, a very nice all matching 1929 dated Swiss Bern Luger. The holster for it is also en route to me

I think there will always be mixed feelings on deacts vs shooters. As an American, yes, I am saddened to see so many of the old vets go to the surgeons, but when you really look at it, does it make alot of difference? How often do you see Sopwith Camels being flown these days? You wouldn't dare risk them, and the same applies, I believe, to the old guns as well. Firing or not, they are being Saved and preserved, and that's all that Really matters, isn't it? Eventually, at Some point in time, it would be insane to still shoot them. Granted, Some of the deac Methods are simply brutal and destructive. To see them crudely hack huge cuts through the middles of them or drill enormous multiple Holes in the barrels makes a person cringe, for sure, but the Newer methods are more internal and unseen, and this is fine. I remember the days they used to simply plug the barrels with a slug of lead! Today? Not so much! But Far better than some grotesque welding cuts across the receivers and slides, etc, like Some that you run into. Today's deacts are fine display pieces and are not Needed to still shoot. There are some Very Fine collections out there today that amply prove this. You can still hold them in your hand and Feel their history. And nothing bad about that!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The holster for this gun arrived this morning, the closure strap needs repairing but overall a very nice holster
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1906 Swiss Bern Luger   M1906 Swiss Bern Luger  

M1906 Swiss Bern Luger   M1906 Swiss Bern Luger  

Ben

?

Nice Ben

Ben, your swiss Luger is in outstanding condition. A couple of years ago, I was at a gun show here in the US and bumped into Edward Tinker who had just written a book, Simson Lugers. I bought a copy and found it is a great reference book. I have yet to come across one that I can afford. They are the top shelf when talking Lugers. I would have never known yours was deactivated, I know that they have a deactivate stamp. I was trying to find what was done to make your Luger de-active.

To the US poster, these Lugers are firearms and need to be fired from time to time. If a person is a avid gun enthusiast shooting them is sometimes hard not to do. They are military guns, not junk. I just do not use P+ ammo and shoot rarely.

John

Hi Ben, I was looking through Gun Broker and saw a Swiss Luger. I though you would be interested in taking a look at it. It also looks to be in mint condition. I am very cautious with Lugers on gun broker.
    Buy it now is $1,450

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1906 Swiss Bern Luger   M1906 Swiss Bern Luger  

I thought the trigger on these and safety catch should be strawed not black?
    Ben

Yes the trigger, safety catch, and takedown lever should be strawed. I think it would be fair to say a reworked Luger.

John

I would think so John
    Ben

Hi Ben, it is a shame what the UK has put into law with regards to firearms. I believe all the relics should be exempt from the de-activations. I feel really sorry for many of the police who have had their service pistols also taken away. Instead of calling for just backup, you have to call for a backup with a gun. Here in the US, we could be going down the same road someday, hope I don't see it. Things literally on fire here across the pond.

I was checking out your pics of the Luger, looking to see how it was deactivated. Looks like a welded plug in the breach, wondering if I am correct ?

Stay Safe

John

Default History of my Luger

Heya guys,

I have a family hand me down from my great grandad, and looking for info on it. it is a 7.65mm luger that he bought in the USA when he was working on the minds, it hasn't got an American Eagle on it
    I am after any info on it, history, age, value. we have 2 original magazines for it and some ammo left with it but we have never fired it.

Thanks in advance.

M1906 Swiss Bern Luger  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast