Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need Help on 1917 P08 Luger

Article about: Hi everyone! This is a recent find at a veterens(US Army, 24th Infantry Division) estate sale. I am a medals/insignia collector and 'baffled' on reassembly of this P08 Luger. After many hour

Schutzpolizei and Sachsische Landespolizei were both uniformed police responsible for public order and general street duties.

Your marking dates from after 1922. In 1935 the Saxon Police was bought into line with the rest of the country and would have been known as ... Schutzpolizei !

Some pictures of uniforms and insignia here.

http://www.sachsen-polizeigeschichte.de/41415.html

That is fascinating Richie. So, this P08 started as a sidearm for the Sachsische Landespolizei and by wars end when collected by this veteran had been in use by the Schutzpolizei. A couple side notes: the Polizie holster that came home with this Luger is date stamped 1941 and on the front grip strap of this pistol you can definitely see remnants of the WW1 unit that it was assigned to. Unfortunately, I can’t make it out to identify the unit.
    Thanks for your time and the information Richie.

Does anyone have any other possible remedies to correct the problem for the slide getting hung-up on the full rearward movement? I appreciate those suggestions that have come in and wish to thank the forum members for their responses. I am at a complete lost as to why this P08 is having this issue and am hopeful someone out there has the solution.
    Thank you in advance....Alex

Quote by 3jusequlib View Post
    That is fascinating Richie. So, this P08 started as a sidearm for the Sachsische Landespolizei and by wars end when collected by this veteran had been in use by the Schutzpolizei. A couple side notes: the Polizie holster that came home with this Luger is date stamped 1941 and on the front grip strap of this pistol you can definitely see remnants of the WW1 unit that it was assigned to. Unfortunately, I can’t make it out to identify the unit.
    Thanks for your time and the information Richie.
    My pleasure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2