Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying WWll luger holster please! Can't find another like it!!

Article about: I have a 1940 Luger 42 that my grandfather brought back from the war and I am having trouble identifying the holster. It doesn't appear to match the gun but I cannot seem to identify its typ

kwood
    ?

Default Need help identifying WWll luger holster please! Can't find another like it!!

Need help identifying  WWll luger holster please! Can't find another like it!!Need help identifying  WWll luger holster please! Can't find another like it!!Need help identifying  WWll luger holster please! Can't find another like it!!Need help identifying  WWll luger holster please! Can't find another like it!!

I have a 1940 Luger 42 that my grandfather brought back from the war and I am having trouble identifying the holster. It doesn't appear to match the gun but I cannot seem to identify its type. It is rough but I haven't found another one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kevin

Default Re: Need help identifying WWll luger holster please! Can't find another like it!!

Hi Kevin. Welcome to the Forum.

Too bad it's been cut down and heavily modified to fit some other pistol.
    'dta' is the makers code. Looks like it held a revolver for a while.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Need help identifying WWll luger holster please! Can't find another like it!!

It looks like it Had originally been a normal Luger style holster, but it was, apparently, hand altered into a more Western style of open holster-quite probably by your grandfather himself. And, Welcome to the Forum, by the way!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

kwood
    ?

Thank you for your responses. I can see now that it may have been altered. My grandfather was airborne glider and jumped in on Normandy. He was shot twice (leg and arm) and survived to receive his purple heart. He personally took this weapon and holster off a german soldier he shot and killed. I would like for it to have been in better shape but it is one-of-a-kind in my book. May look to find holster in better shape that accompanies the gun better but will always have this one too. Thank you for your responses and help of identifying it.
    -Kevin

It's a magnificant reminder of your grandfather,a treasure for sure.
    It does appear to have housed a revolver as Steve pointed out from what appears to be the indentation of the handguns cylinder on the back of the holster.
    A nice looking black wound badge (Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz) as well.
    Cheers
    Dave