Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Original Luger?

Article about: Hey guys, I would like to know your opinion about this P08 Generally, are these corrosion marks proof of originality of the WWII guns? I am new in this stuff so I cannot judge if it is real

Default Original Luger?

Hey guys,

I would like to know your opinion about this P08 Generally, are these corrosion marks proof of originality of the WWII guns? I am new in this stuff so I cannot judge if it is real original, what do you think? Which price would you pay for this luger in this condition?

Cheers, Martin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snímek 1005.jpg 
Views:	2453 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	642197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snímek 1004.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	642196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snímek 1006.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	642198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snímek 1008.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	642199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snímek 1009.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	642200Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snímek 1010.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	642201

Martin, very hard with the condition but probably a ground dug luger with replacement grips and what looks like brass screws to hold the grips on
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Martin, very hard with the condition but probably a ground dug luger with replacement grips and what looks like brass screws to hold the grips on
    Ben is the new Luger expert and i agree with him.
    That example isnt worth much, im afraid.

Im surprised the damn clip and everything else isn't frozen shut/stuck. That baby is corroded

Buy it and use it in your Nazi zombie display.

if you don't mind me asking. Where did you get this luger??? It does have replacement grips on it as Ben said.
    I an very surprised it still opens. It may be worth having as a Conversation Piece. I would not give very much for it. Anything over 100.00 is too much in my opinion.
    just my opinion.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

It reminds me of a Luger my late friend and dealer - Stan Dobson had. His came out of a drain at Spandau Prison. Although the metal was heavily corroded the barrel and rifling was in excellent shape!
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Ben is the new Luger expert and i agree with him.
    Hey Nuno expert I am not mate lol just a novice when it comes to Lugers
    Ben

Thanks Ben! So do you think that the grips are replaced from the other piece and brass screws are new?

Hey John,

I still havent bought him.. I just got offer from the dealer who found it near the road where axis tried to reach US area to give up. He restored him but to be honest I am not sure if such corrosion can be made artificially on some replica too? Btw, he asked for more then 200 USD ;-)

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    if you don't mind me asking. Where did you get this luger??? It does have replacement grips on it as Ben said.
    I an very surprised it still opens. It may be worth having as a Conversation Piece. I would not give very much for it. Anything over 100.00 is too much in my opinion.
    just my opinion.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast