Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PO8 Mauser Luger 1937 all matching value

Article about: How much would an all matching 1937 Mauser Luger be worth? I found one for \\$1,700, is that a good price. It is in good condition and it is working.

Default PO8 Mauser Luger 1937 all matching value

How much would an all matching 1937 Mauser Luger be worth? I found one for $1,700, is that a good price. It is in good condition and it is working.

Default Re: PO8 Mauser Luger 1937 all matching value

Does anybody know?

That might be a good price, pictures would help determine this. The makers code, % of finish left on the gun and strawed trigger or not would be a factor in value. Hopes this helps. Cheers, Robert

The seller said it was 100% proffessionally refininished bluing. How much does that hurt the value?

Quote by Doggert Dog View Post
    The seller said it was 100% proffessionally refininished bluing. How much does that hurt the value?
    Totally ruins it in my view as a collectible item - only good for shooting.

You need the original finish.

?

I agree with Richie B guns should not be refinished. You can fined better out there that is original for that price. Guns are tough when you mess with them its tough to resell . Gary

as its been reblued its not worth that price at all for a grand maybe but for 1700 i would want about 70-80% original blueing

tom

Ashame it was reblued but as Tom may still be worth close to a grand. I had one in mid 70s. It to was a reblue with replacement grips. Paid $275 for it back then. Like a fool traded for modern pistol I liked. I would consider offering at least $1000 for it. They usually go up even reblued.

$800 to a grand, for a reblue, in my opinion. Still a decent gun-if only even just for a shooter. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

phillyriverrat
    ?

Owning several lugers and one being a 1937 S/42. you always want to look at condition when buying one. how much blueing is left on it, any pitting, are grips origional( they will be marked inside). ask the owner to take the gun apart in front of you to check if the parts are matching? how is the bore? is the magazine matching ( some werent marked on the base, but will have makers and inspection stamps on the sides of the mag. REBLUED PROFESSIONALY--NOT, stay away from them unless less than 800 dollars as a shooter.
    A nice S/42 should run you about 1400 to 2000, maybe more if it has a MARKED holster.
    I have a 1937 S/42 that is 98% overall, correct grips, ll matching and i got a BML/41 holster with it and Marked loading/take down tool.......Price paid $1000....Value of it about $2000 to $2200
    The trick with this these guns is, there are alot of them out there, just takes time to shop around, find the best with the right price. if you are spending big money for one, you better get what you are paying for, and avoid reblued ones and the words PROFESSIONALY RESTORED

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast