Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unit marked Luger

Article about: Chaps I have seen this for sale, anyone any opinions on it? Is the blueing original, anyone any opinions on the unit marking etc? The gun is all matching apart from the mag and is dated 1937

Default Unit marked Luger

Chaps

I have seen this for sale, anyone any opinions on it? Is the blueing original, anyone any opinions on the unit marking etc? The gun is all matching apart from the mag and is dated 1937 and is marked S42 (Mauser I think) This is what he says about the markings:

"The pistol is maker marked "S/42" ( Mauser ) and unit marked to "Schupo Dz 221" which was one of the 15 Sicherungs-Divisions ( Security Division ), which was usually formed around men who were graded in one of the lower fitness categories. 221 Sicherungs-Division was originally formed as 221 Infantry Division downgraded in 1941 and disbanded"

Cheers

Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unit marked Luger   Unit marked Luger  

Unit marked Luger   Unit marked Luger  

Unit marked Luger  
    Ben

More

If its good chaps let me know, could be my next luger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unit marked Luger   Unit marked Luger  

Unit marked Luger   Unit marked Luger  

Unit marked Luger  
    Ben

looks honest enough Ben.

Hi Ben, I cannot envisage a gun marked at Divisional level? I think his description is mistaken.

It is schupo not doubt. The next set of letters are misread I think. 221 will be the accountability number.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Are markings original Ade?
    Ben

I don't see why not.

But Lugers are a whole field of study in themselves and I am getting out of my depth here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok mate cheers mucker
    Ben

?

Looks Good Ben.

Thanks Lew, its the markings that I am trying to establish as ok, the gun is matching and the blue.finish looks untouched, anyone know any site that lists German WW2 police units?
    Ben

?

I think The Luger Forum has been compiling a list of unit markings for some time Ben. Theirs will be the most extensive I would have thought

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast