Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.

Article about: I recently picked up this 42 byf luger, holster, two mags and the E/135 accepted loading tool. I know everyone says “Buy the gun, not the story”, but this story is compelling. Peter was a ta

?

Default What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.

I recently picked up this 42 byf luger, holster, two mags and the E/135 accepted loading tool. I know everyone says “Buy the gun, not the story”, but this story is compelling. Peter was a tank driver on an M10 tank killer towards the end of WWII and he says that he had the opportunity to accept the surrender of a number of German soldiers. He said this rig was handed over to him as is and has been together since then. The gun is a nice example of a 42 byf luger serial 2070d with some honest holster wear on the edges. Completely matching and correct even down to the nice E/135 accepted wooden grips. The barrel also has the 8.88 bore gage marking on it for those keeping track. The pistol came with two identical, fxo, extruded mags with black plastic bottoms and each one is E/37 accepted in two places. The loading tool is E/135 accepted and is in primo condition. How scarce are these tools and what are they worth? Lastly the brown holster is jhg 41 marked on the back and is WaA286 accepted. The only bummer is that someone cut part of the inside front edge of the holster away to make removing the pistol easier. Pete mentioned that this is how he received it, so I wonder if a German soldier may have cut the holster back to be able to grab the pistol without having to use the removal strap arrangement.

You may notice that one of the mags has the black, plastic base broken and a tiny dent in the tube about .5 inches from the end. I need some advice here as to the best way to handle this mag. Are the original black plastic bases available separately and is there someone good out on the forum who could repair the mag for me, for a fair price? Or should I just leave it alone?

In my opinion, I don’t see any thing from this rig to indicate that it wasn’t issued together and surrendered as a complete rig. Opinions??

What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.

Default Re: What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.

That is a sweet gun!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Default Re: What may be a complete as issued rig for a nice BYF 42 Luger. Everything correct and included.

Very nice Luger!

Quote by rambob View Post
    The loading tool is E/135 accepted and is in primo condition. How scarce are these tools and what are they worth?
    About 20-30 euros.

Are the original black plastic bases available separately and is there someone good out on the forum who could repair the mag for me, for a fair price? Or should I just leave it alone?
    I don't think you will find them seperately that easily. What's the serial number on the mags?

Regards

?

Ingrid, the magazines are not serial numbered as is proper for these late style mags.

Awesome Parabellum, Bob...Try to find an intact second magazine with plastic base knob...Thanos.

That is beautiful, i dont know about the story but that is a fantastic set.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    That is beautiful, i dont know about the story but that is a fantastic set.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    +1

a beutiful rig i can't see any reason to doubt its a set just check for any noticeable holster wear but it sure is a very fine luger

Very nice Luger and a complete set...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...