Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Luger Mags

Article about: Gents, just got these WW1 luger mags, one for my artillery luger and one for a holster, one seems to have more writing and numbers than normal, is this just a different maker or is it a unit

Default WW1 Luger Mags

Gents, just got these WW1 luger mags, one for my artillery luger and one for a holster, one seems to have more writing and numbers than normal, is this just a different maker or is it a unit mark etc?

Cheers

Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Luger Mags   WW1 Luger Mags  

WW1 Luger Mags   WW1 Luger Mags  

Ben

proof marks and the luger was one firearm that used the same SR#'s over again. As an example. If you see a SR# on a luger with the letter B under it. That means that, that number was used twice and so on. The Germans went through the Alphabet with there SR#'s. If you find a number that does not have a letter under it. It would mean that it is the first time that number was used. It looks like the magazine with the number 7635 has an M under it. then proofs. Some magazines are blank. if you have a luger with no matching magazine, a blank one will work. Now I am talking about WWI Wood bottom magazines.
    Hope this helps.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Cheers for the info John, I have heard also that the cross on the base denotes it is the spare mag, the other matching mag would not have that cross on it
    Ben

Yes. This is what I was told years ago by an avid collector.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Good one mate
    Ben