Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WW1 vetaran's battle-damaged Luger

Article about: I recently obtained a WW1 veterans battle damaged Luger which had been handed in by an elderly man several months ago. The man who lives in Yorkshire had tried to sell the pistol to a dealer

Default Re: WW1 vetaran's battle-damaged Luger

Love the Luger, you're a lucky man. Greetings from another Warringtonian!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Love the Luger, you're a lucky man. Greetings from another Warringtonian!...
    Oh my god! TWO nutters in the same town! I trust you don't support men who play with strange-shaped balls as well.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Oh my god! TWO nutters in the same town! I trust you don't support men who play with strange-shaped balls as well.
    Hahahhaaaa, my sport of choice involves 2 wheels and engines!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0038.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	502304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0039.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	502305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0040.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	502306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0041.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	502307 These are some pictures of my 1912 Erfurt. I acquired it from my grandfather after he'd passed but didn't know too much about the gun other than that he had bought it off his friend who got it from his father or grandfather who was in the war....if you guys could tell me any information about this gun it would be greatly appreciated. I researched online but still missing answers. thanks

?

Both good looking Lugers here gents.. This weapon is on my hitlist..One day I will get 1.lol.. Thanks for posting...Cheers Terry.

The unit markings on the P 08 in post #14 are for the 174 Infantry Regiment, Machine Gun Company, Weapon 54.

Lovely looking pistol. The condition of it looks superb.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

?

Sickening to read of the murder ofa nice collectable Luger.
    The damage may have made it unsafe-just a dam shame to slaughter it.

Quote by Mikel View Post
    Sickening to read of the murder ofa nice collectable Luger.
    The damage may have made it unsafe-just a dam shame to slaughter it.
    The pistol wasn't murdered or slaughtered. Had I not mentioned the fact it had been deactivated, I doubt very much if you would have been able to tell from the pictures. When it was handed in, the authorities COULD have taken the decision to completely destroy it. The process of having it deactivated has actually saved it. You cannot murder or slaughter a weapon anyway. That is usually an act carried out by a crazed gunman using a firearm that hasn't been 'murdered or slaughtered' as you put it. I have no interest in shooting. I have done my share in the past, and I have no wish to do so again. And as such, owning a weapon that does or doesn't work is irrelavent to me. It is the history behind the gun that I am interested in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12