Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Xmas Pressie

Article about: by Logictox Good looking pistol Ben. I see it was never refitted with the later trigger bar that came out in 1916 as many early models were. Congratulations. Can you elaborate on the trigger

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Good looking pistol Ben. I see it was never refitted with the later trigger bar that came out in 1916 as many early models were. Congratulations.
    Can you elaborate on the trigger bar bit and the differences (with pics if possible) I have been looking through the "Lugers at Random" book to try and see what you meant but I am not sure.

Cheers
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Can you elaborate on the trigger bar bit and the differences (with pics if possible) I have been looking through the "Lugers at Random" book to try and see what you meant but I am not sure.

Cheers
    Ben,

I edited your photo to point out the trigger bar. Notice how far back it protrudes on the 1915 model. Even if the firing pin is back the weapon cannot be cocked with the safety on. In 1916 they shortened this to allow for the weapon to chamber a round with the safety on. You can compare it to others you have. Many that I have seen were sent back and had the shorter trigger bars installed while some were left original. Yours was never changed as it has the longer bar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Xmas Pressie  

?

You are on a roll...

Bang on, just popped upstairs and had a good look, I now understand thanks, I will look in the luger book again and look at the different models
    Ben

Usually referred to as the sear bar.

?

Hi Ben I'm not much of a gun nut but I love seeing collectors play Santa for themselves. The wife needs a high tolerance for that LOL.

No ties, socks or underwear dear, I have something much better coming you can put under the tree for me.

Thats why I always buy my own Doug, then give it the wife to wrap up lol
    Ben

?

Those are the best kind! It's a great excuse to go a little militaria crazy LOL!

Too true Doug, I just dont want to end up with socks, jumpers or aftershave I will never use, mind you the boy always buys me a nice malt every year
    Ben

Now you have a collection Ben, Why don't you think of getting a section 7.1 license? That way you can collect live pre 1918 Lugers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast