Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial War Museum North

Article about: Hello again, Yesterday we made a visit at the Imperial War Museum North which is in Manchester, UK. It was part of our study visit we make with our University and I thought to share with you

Default Imperial War Museum North

Hello again,

Yesterday we made a visit at the Imperial War Museum North which is in Manchester, UK.
    It was part of our study visit we make with our University and I thought to share with you some of the cool items I saw there!

I start with some nice WW2 German items:
    Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

Some beautiful WW2 German headgear:

Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

NSDAP related items:

Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

Aviation items:

Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

WW1 German tank gun:

Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

WW1 collection:
    Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

Zeppelin related items: (on the postcard is the pilot who brought down on of these monsters and got his VC for that action above England)
    Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

T-55 tank!!
    Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

T-34/85 tank!!!
    Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

British 70s nuclear bomb and a description of its destractive capabilities: (that one made me feel extremely uncomfordable)
    Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

...and my favorite item in the museum: A bust of Duche, Mussolini: ( I couldn't understand what I was looking at first, can you?)

Imperial War Museum North

Aaaand the highlight of the museum: The Big Screen Show where each hour the light go down and every wall in the museum becomes a screen on which is projected a themed video!

Imperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum NorthImperial War Museum North

Hope you liked it because I loved it. I have to mention that it isn't the easiest museum to visit in terms of location and architecture but for sure a must one for enthusiasts!!!

Mike

(ps I have no idea why some of the photographs upload sideways although they appear normally in my pc, sorry for that)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial War Museum North
    P
    Many

I never been although its only 30 miles away !

I think Duxford is the best IWM

Cheers

It's (Manc) an interesting building although personally I found it lacking in depth BUT it would seem all museums are moving towards the masses (press-button, moving images on screen etc) with less and less quality pieces (for the likes of us) on display...but as I was told recently by one museum rep...."we're not for people like you"....apparently....

"Mr King"...many thanks for your great photos...you must've felt so at home in the Manchester sunshine........ ;-)

The way the British national identity has and is being slowly erased I am surprised the IWM even exists these days...

?

Duxford is the a good one , the London IWM I thought the same lacking something!!!.. A good section on the Spies & SF world, & the VC section was good but you cant take photos??. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Composite View Post
    It's (Manc) an interesting building although personally I found it lacking in depth BUT it would seem all museums are moving towards the masses (press-button, moving images on screen etc) with less and less quality pieces (for the likes of us) on display...but as I was told recently by one museum rep...."we're not for people like you"....apparently....

"Mr King"...many thanks for your great photos...you must've felt so at home in the Manchester sunshine........ ;-)
    True words Ade i totally agree with you

Too much space filled with too little. The actual exhibits look lost in the vast expanse of the place.