Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

The Manchester Model Engineering Exhibition

Article about: Yesterday I went to the Model Engineering Exhibition in Manchester. There was something there to suit everybody's interests. Feast your eyes on this lot. And yes - they are ALL models!

Default The Manchester Model Engineering Exhibition

Yesterday I went to the Model Engineering Exhibition in Manchester. There was something there to suit everybody's interests. Feast your eyes on this lot. And yes - they are ALL models!

The Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering Exhibition

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Manchester Model Engineering Exhibition
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Manchester Model Engineering Exhibition

More pictures...

The Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering Exhibition

Some Tanks on display...

Awsome models, the guys that build these must have the patience of a saint !!

Some for the Naval enthusiast...

A few more picture's with some for the railway enthusiast...

The Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering ExhibitionThe Manchester Model Engineering Exhibition

Many of these aircraft will be flying at RAF Cosford as part of the Large Model Associations biggest rally in the summer for a weekend.Some of the models cost £25-30,000! I can thoroughly reccomend it to anyone who enjoys a good day out! I know it sounds perverse, but there are regular spectacular crashes there, they always seem to occur when the models are flying over the large Air Traffic Control Radar System that is located near the runway, even though it's said the thing is shut off for the show....

Here's a linky to the weekend in question if anyone's interested in paying a visit:

Large Model Aircraft Rally

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.