Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

To the max! 2017

Article about: Some pics from this year's show

Thanks Brian for the pictures. I would love to go to this show but the cost of the trip
    is about all I would have to spend.

I have been hanging around these forums for over a decade and like to think that
    I have made several friends along the way. Someday I would like to get to one of
    these big shows just to meet some of you guys in person.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement To the max! 2017
    P
    Many

Yeah it s unfortunate in that way; that the larger shows are not more central for that reason alone. Trust me at the end of the day the pricing is not for the general collector you will find some good deals there, but I really go to see things I'll unfortunately never be able to afford but is nice to see nonetheless. For instance the one display case I pictured with the RAD shoulder boards for G (the tagged and banded unissued high ranking officer ones) there were also two SS honor rings in there from Oakleaf Militaria. Just crazy stuff. It would be awesome to meet all of you guys! But too the dealers are generally really friendly I spent an easy half hour or better just speaking with some low level dealers in general discussion. Wish I took the time to see William Kramer but i was like a uncaged chicken running everywhere. Lol.

Brian

Uncaged chicken is a good summation. A general feeling for many

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here is my contribution to the thread,
    This was my 2nd MAX show so I was less overwhelmed then the first one knowing what to expect, I went Friday and there was plenty of elbow room, maybe saturday is busier because more people have off work? anyway, I overheard a guy say that he brought 15K with him and spent it by noon I brought 150 bucks with me and spent half of that on a bottle of water and a soft pretzel LOL JK, Here are some of my photo's and I did pick up a nice all matching numbers Nambu and a copy of Bills Book. Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture To the max! 2017   To the max! 2017  

To the max! 2017   To the max! 2017  

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Someday I would like to get to one of
    these big shows just to meet some of you guys in person.
    Come to the SOS in 2019, I'll be there Greg, I've already booked holidays at work to go.

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Come to the SOS in 2019, I'll be there Greg, I've already booked holidays at work to go.
    Let’s get as many To SOS as possible.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Here are some of my finds, I got a few more patches and some ammunition as well. I really liked the WWI airplane insignia, but it was out of my reach, and a bit large to display...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture To the max! 2017  

?

Thank you for all the great pics gents!!

Regards

Russ

Max and Kraut thanks for posting your images! I'm glad to see the nambu I guess there was IJA field gear and sidearms there to be purchased. I really debated Shea's book it I looked through it while he was filling out dedications. But since I picked up the party badge book that filled my quota for the day. And you sure are right that canvas wing section couldn't be missed. Can't believe I looked past the standarte pole topper (oakleaf?) It doesn't seem a big venue but Larry s absolutely right walk down the same aisle three times and find something you missed twice before. Best regards.

Brian

To the max! 2017To the max! 2017To the max! 2017To the max! 2017To the max! 2017To the max! 2017To the max! 2017To the max! 2017

Just some more images. Amazing stuff.

Brian

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast