Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Max 2019

Article about: Anyone planning to attend? Last year in Monroeville, PA before moving to York, PA in 2020.

MAP
    ?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Which shop was that?
    Don't remember the name. It was on Baltimore Street a few blocks past the comic book store (same side) going towards the battlefield. A deep store with lots of militaria.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Max 2019
    P
    Many

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I did that this summer with my daughter. We were there July 11, just a week beyond the 156th Anniversary.
    Then;
    Attachment 1337758

Now;
    Attachment 1337757
    A little different angle, same place.
    Hard not to be moved by the depth of the events that happened there.
    If you want an experience, go in the winter when there's no one. I sat on Little Round Top and in Devil's Den for an hour by myself before I saw another person. Surreal and eerily peaceful. I hardly go there in the summer, it's not the same place.

If you want an experience, go in the winter when there's no one. I sat on Little Round Top and in Devil's Den for an hour by myself before I saw another person. Surreal and eerily peaceful. I hardly go there in the summer, it's not the same place.
    We were there on an overcast, rainy Thursday. We did pretty much have the run of the place. The angle was so quiet and the fog hung like the fog of battle, it was really something to behold. Standing where General Armistead fell mortally wounded, quite something.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Don't remember the name. It was on Baltimore Street a few blocks past the comic book store (same side) going towards the battlefield. A deep store with lots of militaria.
    The antique center? The doorway is setback from the sidewalk and has nothing but glass cases inside filled with militaria? I laughed when I read your comment about it being as you head towards the battlefield. The battlefield is in every direction from the center of town, LOL

MAP
    ?

The antique center? The doorway is setback from the sidewalk and has nothing but glass cases inside filled with militaria? I laughed when I read your comment about it being as you head towards the battlefield. The battlefield is in every direction from the center of town, LOL
    LoL...true about the directions...should have said towards the main visitor / museum.

Yes...that is the shop. Is it as bad as I remember???
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

We were there on an overcast, rainy Thursday. We did pretty much have the run of the place. The angle was so quiet and the fog hung like the fog of battle, it was really something to behold. Standing where General Armistead fell mortally wounded, quite something.
    That's good stuff! I hope she appreciated the visit and experience.

That's good stuff! I hope she appreciated the visit and experience.
    She actually did! Thank God she isn't the average 20yr old!
    Have you been to this place?
    Max 2019

Quote by MAP View Post
    LoL...true about the directions...should have said towards the main visitor / museum.

Yes...that is the shop. Is it as bad as I remember???
    It's hit or miss in there. Wonder who the dealer was. There's a few "Gods" in there that don't want to hear anything negative about their items. I just remember that they're catering towards the tourist crowd, and less towards the actual collector.

She actually did! Thank God she isn't the average 20yr old!
    Have you been to this place?
    Max 2019
    Doesn't look familiar. Which shop?

Doesn't look familiar. Which shop?
    It was a museum of sorts. I don't know what it was actually called. Had some JFK stuff, Civil War and a bunch of WW2.
    Max 2019
    Max 2019

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast